Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ventilated Seat - Air Filter?

I read that there's filters for seat air vents in other Lexus models, and a replacement can improve air flow if one feels performance is poor.

Are there any in the 300h that can be changed? I feel sear ventilation performance is poor.

As far as I know, only LSes got filters? The IS and GS have a simple grill in front of fan, similar like speaker grill, like on photo. You could see them under the seats (easier with mirror probably).

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.f4d2fade1b1a35ddd2145b7c80871dee.jpg

• Like 3

No problemo. I am such a smartboi because I had a plan to steal your IS-style fans (much easier to find and cheaper than LS or GS) to feed my non ventilated (but perforated) GS's seats. But I feel now it is not worth the troubles and DIY, everybody complains these ventilated seats don't blow, rather suck 😉

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ben01 said:

As far as I know, only LSes got filters? The IS and GS have a simple grill in front of fan, similar like speaker grill, like on photo. You could see them under the seats (easier with mirror probably).

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.f4d2fade1b1a35ddd2145b7c80871dee.jpg

If that is the case it may be worthwhile cleaning out the fan units when the cars have done a reasonable millage as they will pick up fluff, and other particles such as dog hair blocking the fan impeller vanes so reducing the air flow.

John

John, you are right of course and it is easy to vacuum this grille, but on every movie and picture and advert for IS/GS fans I have seen last weeks they were sort of clean, a bit of dust or fluff maybe, like elder PC computer fan. On the other hand, LS filters, both versions (round thin "wool" in front of the fan like above, or boxy one like a very small cabin filter) were typicaly filthy as cabin filter after 50k miles.

Having shown up early to collect my car after a service, I remember chatting to the valeting guy while he was finishing cleaning it.   I was pleased to

learn, never having thought about it before, that his cleaning the ventilator-grilles under the seats was considered a routine part of servicing.   I tend 

to doubt, perhaps wrongly, if his counterparts in other dealerships are all equally conscientious.  My conclusion was that formal attention to details 

of this sort is what distinguishes good dealerships from normal or mediocre ones.

• Like 5