Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Con Low port location

19 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

All done while having a poo

Screenshot_20180725-112039.jpg

You serviced your air con whilst on the toilet, that's impressive. Which hand did you use? 😁 😉 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

You serviced your air con whilst on the toilet, that's impressive. Which hand did you use? 😁 😉 

Just parked the car by the toilet and directed the 3 year old....  Mind you.  Not the usual thing I google while on the loo 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, G10RRE said:

Hey, can anyone help locate the low port of the air con system on the IS F 2011?

Just curious, before I use my google-fu on the toilet, what you mean "low port of AC system"? Low pressure side, deep down under the bonnet, or anythign else?

43 minutes ago, Ben01 said:

Just curious, before I use my google-fu on the toilet, what you mean "low port of AC system"? Low pressure side, deep down under the bonnet, or anythign else?

Yes the low port so I can top up the gas using one of those kits you can buy.

ta

John

I would suggest follow "big" pipe from evaporator ("cabin") to compressor, this is sucking side and should be low press valve.

Other issue is how you guess how much agent and oil top up, and why bother yourself and spend any coins on equipment and gas. Even Halfords has free check first, and top-up proper weight and oil for £50 or so. Bottle of R134a plus minimal equipment is more expensive I think.

I just fancied a DiY instead of wAiting st s garage... Found it though  👍🏻 Big L cap on it was obvious and it’s on the right hand side under engine cover if anyone wonders!

1 hour ago, G10RRE said:

I just fancied a DiY

One way or another, top up without proper vacuum pump and pure guessing a weight is wrong IMHO. We could call it DIY or Susan, but without equipment and knowledge it's still messing nice cars up. But it is your car, of course.