Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MOT Yesterday and one issue.

Yesterday took my 2006 IS 220d for it's first MOT with me and glad to say it passed with no issues! Always an apprehensive wait while watching him go over the vehicle! The tester was very impressed with the condition considering its 177,000 miles and said there was no play in the front wheels and it's like it came out of the factory. No oil/ gearbox leaks and he could tell it's been looked after. 

Monday evening I spent 2 hours fitting my new air con condenser and was hoping the same Garage I got the MOT done at could re-gas my AC, but unfortunately man away who uses machine.

Went to Kwick Fit and got it done for £59 and took an hour. Works great now!

Yesterday was a great day and really pleased it all went well.

On Monday when I got the car cleaned I pulled into the car wash bay and unfortunately this one was closed and went to reverse out and no reverse! Wouldn't go into any gear! Turned the engine off and restarted and gearbox back to fully working instantly! First time it's happened in my ownership and I have covered 2,300 miles.

Any idea what it could be?

James:thumbsup:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JamesIS220 said:

Yesterday took my 2006 IS 220d for it's first MOT with me and glad to say it passed with no issues! Always an apprehensive wait while watching him go over the vehicle! The tester was very impressed with the condition considering its 177,000 miles and said there was no play in the front wheels and it's like it came out of the factory. No oil/ gearbox leaks and he could tell it's been looked after. 

Monday evening I spent 2 hours fitting my new air con condenser and was hoping the same Garage I got the MOT done at could re-gas my AC, but unfortunately man away who uses machine.

Went to Kwick Fit and got it done for £59 and took an hour. Works great now!

Yesterday was a great day and really pleased it all went well.

On Monday when I got the car cleaned I pulled into the car wash bay and unfortunately this one was closed and went to reverse out and no reverse! Wouldn't go into any gear! Turned the engine off and restarted and gearbox back to fully working instantly! First time it's happened in my ownership and I have covered 2,300 miles.

Any idea what it could be?

James:thumbsup:

Good on you a well looked after vehicle to say the least. Always good when mechanics praise the condition.

I have got no idea why your gearbox ( Believe it is a Manual only on 220D) should not 'play ball' and then be fine after a engine shut down!

The Auto box is far more complicated with plenty of interlocks and I would have thought any problems might be auto related but they are very reliable and robust and don't cause concern.

One thing, does the clutch pedal 'feel' right as it might ( if possible ) need adjustment.

paul m

10 hours ago, madasahatter said:

Good on you a well looked after vehicle to say the least. Always good when mechanics praise the condition.

I can't take the credit. The second owner owned it for 8 years and serviced it every year with all receipts for work.

7 hours ago, Texas said:

I have got no idea why your gearbox ( Believe it is a Manual only on 220D) should not 'play ball' and then be fine after a engine shut down!

The Auto box is far more complicated with plenty of interlocks and I would have thought any problems might be auto related but they are very reliable and robust and don't cause concern.

One thing, does the clutch pedal 'feel' right as it might ( if possible ) need adjustment.

paul m

Thank you both. It baffled me as it is a manual 6 speed! I have sometimes pressed the clutch down but not fully as hit the foot rest. Tried several times and didn't feel I had not fully depressed the clutch as tried 5 times. A turn off sorted it, strange!  The clutch feels good and no issues in over 2,000 miles in my ownership. Apparently when I phoned the garage who serviced it for years it's never had a clutch fitted in the 8 years he owned it or any real issues. Service items are, waterpump, EGR clean, new Battery. Tyres, brake disks and pads.

Certainly love the CC in this weather. Nice to have my second car with working Aircon.

James

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links