Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Japsai Chassis Braces

Monster-Mat

well the first batch is made.

if you want them painting please let me know...

Front JAPSAI braces made up

Rear JAPSAI braces made up

Front JAPSAI brace fitted to IS200 race car

Rear JAPSAI brace fitted to IS200 race car

Both JAPSAI braces fitted to IS200 race car

i will be able to start shipping in a few days, but as i said, if you wish to paint them yourself that is fine.....otherwise i will give them a coat of JAPSAI red :whistling:

Must also add......these are far better constructed than the Toms ones i purchased :winky:

they look lovely.

Not dissing or anything, just interested, but do the other manufacturers test theirs for levels of torsion etc, and how do you think yours will compare?? Or do they all not bother.

Wish I could plumb them on mine, don't think esure would like it though!

Top job that man.

.........kev, mine are obviously far better, as ive actually welded the peces together with proper welds rather than the crappy welds ive seen on the "Top Brand" makes.....

as for testing, there are numerous web sites where people have fitted these and had possitive feedback on there abilitys.

so taking the fact mine are.....of a more sturdy construction, id say the benifits will be felt when the car is pushed hard :winky:

the car will feel more stable, the steering will feel more precise,

in reality my limited vocabulary finds it hard to put into laymans terms the benifits.

the main function of these braces is to tie the main suspension mounts and steering mounts all together, there by bracing the chassis and reducing the Twisting effects that happen on the floorpan/chassis under heavy acceleration/braking and cornering.

The rear ones will help in stability especialy as they go right across the car coupled with any other bracing devises you've got(upper braces,stiffer roll bars) will only add to them not flexing and staying rigid when cornering quickly.

Tested the braces today on the race car......did i notice a difference, YEP SURE DID, even though the race car is braced up to the hilt anyway with the roll cage, the car just seemed more taught.

so i recon you guys will defo notice a difference.

however on the race car ground clearence isnt great, but they only caught once, coming over a raised manhole cover.

when i inspected the brace(rear) back in the workshops....it had only slightly caught on a weld..2mm high

the race car is lowered 80mm, so i dont forsee any clearence problems for normal road use.

under the rear brace there is 5" of clearence, and the rear brace does sit lower than the front to clear the exhaust.

• 3 years later...