Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS300 2nd gen blower fan not working.

I've been fighting with my GS for a while now trying to get the Aircon working.

I had it regassed, then degassed so I could change the compressor, then regassed (still not working) degassed so I could change the pressure sensor, then had to change the high pressure line because the thread stripped out of the pressure sensor mounting.

I changed the line and sensor yesterday and now have a steady green light on the AC switch (yay!), BUT now the blower has stopped working.

It was fine before I changed the line but now I get nothing. The control panel is showing that I can select all speeds but there is no output.

I have checked all the fuses and tried swapping out the two relays in the passenger kick panel but no change.

Can anyone suggest where to look next?

Did you try to set temperature for heating, not cooling and if blower starts? AFAIK power feed for blower is a bit crazy, for heating is interlocked by body ECU, for cooling by engine ECU (and engine ECU looks at dual AC pressure sensor), and next inline is the blower control module with set point from control panel.

I found only this at the moment, so "to do": both "heater" fuses, HTR relay and blower controler, for now, voltages everywhere and if HTR "on". I could not help you with locations, last time I dug into blower it was GS 1gen. and don't remember at all which part is where.

165773618_Heaterrelayandblower.thumb.png.bc4791e4b86c4ba465e91b1e6dff6380.png

I've had no luck so far getting the blower motor working, so I'm planning on trying a replacement engine ECU.

I know of one being broken not far away so I'll go and get the ECU, transponder ring and key. Is there anything else I'll need to make it plug and play?

Also, would it be worth getting the body control module, and if so where is it?

So, is HTR relay switch on or not (or - is there voltage at B+ on blower controler)? Because it is "first" link after fuses, and it is driven by body ECU, not engine ECU...

Have you tried applying power and earth directly to the blower motor? Just to confirm the motor is not toast. Also checking the blower controller and body ecu. You could also try removing the relays and bridging the connections to confirm it is not the relays, or power to them.

Without seeing the second half of the diagram (to see where the R-L wire goes) nothing in that diagram suggest that the engine ECM controls anything to do with the blower (only the ac). It would seem a lot of hassle changing what looks to be an unconnected item.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk Pro

I am not sure about applying raw power to the motor (what is nominal voltage of this one?), but it is definitely good idea to remove HTR, shortcut pins 1 and 2 in its socket with some solid wire, and try to normal control of blower.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links