Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ct200

Ontario73

Afternoon,

First post, I'm currently looking into a used CT200H and wanted to know few things before going ahead with a test drive.

My budget allows earlier models but I'll looking for one with full service history and probably from Lexus. 

So my question is what are the main issues of the earlier examples ? 2011-2012

What are the service intervals like ? Was there any issues with the hybrid batteries and how long are they supposed to last.

My other car consumes some oil after about every 2K miles , is that the case with ct200 ? If so then is there a low oil level light in the instrument panel?

Please advise.

Thanks Colin, I read somewhere that engine oil needs topping up between the service and as there isn't any low engine light so it needs to be checked physically. And that's the only gripe I have but if that's not the case then that's good.

1 minute ago, Ontario73 said:

Thanks Colin, I read somewhere that engine oil needs topping up between the service and as there isn't any low engine light so it needs to be checked physically. And that's the only gripe I have but if that's not the case then that's good.

There is a low oil pressure light but you don't want to be relying on that as it won't come on until damage is potentially being done. Mine hasn't used a drop of oil in the 20k miles I've had it for but I still check it at least once a month.

As already stated.
There is basically nothing bad to report about these,they are bulletproof reliability.
There are no concerns about oil consumption because they don’t burn oil (don’t believe everything you read on US forums). Mines on 88K and has never burnt any oil between services. There are no reported traction Battery problems in the UK. They do have an oil pressure warning as said but you would never see it come on.
Don’t be put off by fictitious stories when us owners can give you all the information you require.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Ontario73 said:

Between my wife and I, we've had 14 Toyota engined vehicles, none have used any noticeable amount of oil between services, include one with the same engine as the CT. Always worth checking every few months manually though.

Ride comfort, especially in the rear, boot space and performance are things that you should focus on to make sure the vehicle is suitable for your needs.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links