Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

That sold quickly

5 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@tomRCFcarbon Tom I know what you mean about the BMW stance, here’s a certain Bm M4 owner from this forum he shall remain anonymous....... is that ok @Warrington guy Dave......😁

Anyway here he is at the recent Goodwood event admiring the rear of a 10th Anniversary Rcf...... at least I think that’s what he’s looking at.......😉

EAF838C4-D799-4CDF-AAC3-7B4AD2BA975F.thumb.jpeg.f0b0e0176b48ddf9739985623867a98f.jpeg

Big Rat 

I think you've got the wrong end of the story rat 🐀, just to the left of this photo, behind the sales reps right leg was this... 

_20180727_124224.thumb.JPG.bd60e23c1ec895a20b32771aa7957ab7.JPG

• Like 2

On 7/26/2018 at 6:55 PM, NemesisUK said:

Hows about a retrim in a colour of your choice?

That would be just crime to re-trim RC-F... think about all selective pure virgin holy baby cows who had to be killed to trim it in first place and all that to waste. I understand re-trimming some rotten, cracked, 12 years old leather from vomit colour to something human being would be able to sit on. I would feel bad about messing with mine (which is 10 years old black leather, but in good shape), never mind something as beautifully crafted as RC-F seats. I guess it could be re-dyed, but frankly it would be very difficult to dye black interior to say red or certainly to white, maybe white to something else, red to black maybe... but finish would never be the same.

The point - you have to wait until you find the car in the right colour... inside out. I guess outside can be wrapped, dip-sprayed... but again I doubt you would go against Lexus "Structured Blue" with sand paper and spray it any other colour without feeling guilty of genocide?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

I doubt you would go against Lexus "Structured Blue" with sand paper and spray it any other colour without feeling guilty of genocide?!

Maybe I would not go against the blue, but please, gift me for free RCF in white, with small bag full of cash in the trunk, and I wrap her in any non-white colour and re-trim her in slightly better leather, before you start procedure on UN genocide tribunal... 😜

BTW leather - keep in mind please, any and every mass produced automotive leather is "good enough" leather heavy dyed and painted with best industry grade flexible spray paints and topcoats. Period. 90% babling about special processes and aniline and softness and so on, so forth (and next about care products, "creams for leather", "closing the pores", etc.) are marketing mambo-jumbo. But of course, there are differences, the same factory could produce leather for volvo, for jaguar and for aston-martin, and processes and quality are slightly different. I believe RCF and other top lexuses are from top end of mass-production scale, but trust me, there are many more higher shelfs in this world... (I am such a smartboi  because we work for tanneries sometimes, central Scotland is "leatherfield" and a lot of automotive manufacturers source leather here).

• Like 1

I think my point was simpler then that, some cars have really ugly seats - BMW and MB particularly comes into mind with cardboard hard leather whatever is called "dakota", which in my opinion doesn't even qualify to be called leather. Whereas Lexus uses more premium leather (bar polyester "Alcantara") and I would probably agree - top of mass produced quality. 

As such I would not mind re-trimming say seats most BMW or MB's because using average workmanship and material would probably improve those seats, but to at least match RC-F leather quality you would need to source the leather quite carefully, then you would need to find one of the best trimmers in town... and that is just matching the quality. To exceed it even more difficult and expensive. Here argument becomes even more two sided - so even when you find somebody who can do decent job... how much that is going to cost and isn't it easier just to pay few grand more and just get it in right colour to begin with? I am certain standard £1000 job would neither match the leather quality, nor certainly the detail on RC-F seats...

Did I mention a small bag of cash in the trunk, or did I not? 😝 Let me explain with handy picture,  if you gift me white RCF, this is my vision of pre-check for project "better interior for RCF":

rcf_cash.jpg.6294e3cf21efc7fa5c88e0d52fc993b0.jpg

1 hour ago, Ben01 said:

Did I mention a small bag of cash in the trunk, or did I not? 😝 Let me explain with handy picture,  if you gift me white RCF, this is my vision of pre-check for project "better interior for RCF":

What are the groceries for?