Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus extended warrantee

Hi all

I have an issue with my is300h drivers seatbelt which makes an awful crunching noise when I release the buckle. It doesn't happen all the time, but I've got a video that my local dealership have said they would put through as a safety related issue and for it to be replaced under my extended warrantee.

My car has just turned 70k, warrantee was taken out at 32k and within the 3yr window.

To my surprise the dealer called me yesterday to say that warrantee had declined it due to the mileage I do each year.....

I pointed out that the car is serviced iaw lexus guidelines and that this is an unlimited mileage warrantee but the garage wont budge.

The warrantee even covers seat belts under the mot items section

Has anyone had a similar issue with lexus trying to get out of covering parts?

13 minutes ago, andrew voice said:

Hi all

I have an issue with my is300h drivers seatbelt which makes an awful crunching noise when I release the buckle. It doesn't happen all the time, but I've got a video that my local dealership have said they would put through as a safety related issue and for it to be replaced under my extended warrantee.

My car has just turned 70k, warrantee was taken out at 32k and within the 3yr window.

To my surprise the dealer called me yesterday to say that warrantee had declined it due to the mileage I do each year.....

I pointed out that the car is serviced iaw lexus guidelines and that this is an unlimited mileage warrantee but the garage wont budge.

The warrantee even covers seat belts under the mot items section

Has anyone had a similar issue with lexus trying to get out of covering parts?

So are you saying that the car has not been serviced by Lexus during the period of the Warranty (iaw) ?

contact Lexus HO to ask ................. if that fails then i would seriously consider a Small Claims Court summons if you're absolutely sure you would win with an on-line claim .  there's a cost involved issuing the Court action

Malc

If the warranty T&C state the car must be serviced at an official Lexus service centre (the one I just read does state this) and you have not done so, you will have voided the cover

16 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

So are you saying that the car has not been serviced by Lexus during the period of the Warranty (iaw) ?

the car has a full lexus service history, it's currently on 12k interval business use as advised by my old dealership in Cambridge.

intervals are IAW (In Accordance With) lexus guidelines

1 hour ago, andrew voice said:

the car has a full lexus service history, it's currently on 12k interval business use as advised by my old dealership in Cambridge.

Thanks Andrew. I would have thought that to comply with the terms of the Warranty that ALL  services should have been completed by Lexus Dealerships.

"In accordance with", implies to me at least, that non-Lexus organisations have been involved with Servicing.

If, however, you have documentary evidence that your old Lexus Dealership advised that you could have servicing done outside of the Lexus Organisation without breaching the terms of any warranty, upon submission of evidence that such servicing, has been carried out in accordance with Lexus requirements, then you may well have a strong case.

1 hour ago, andrew voice said:

The Lexus Extended Warranty T&Cs state that all services after the period of extended warranty is taken out should be done at a Lexus dealership otherwise it is rendered invalid. 

What mileages, dates and by whom have the services been carried out? If there is any independent/chain servicing apart from Lexus, they won't cover anything. 

Lexus are generally very very good with warranty repairs under extended warranty so I would double check as it is more than likely that something is off, so to speak

Although it's obviously advisable, I  didn't think there was a legal obligation to get servicing done at a dealers, in order to comply with the terms of a warranty.

You just had to show that it was serviced in accordance with the makers specifications. Not if the warranty is with  a dealer anyway,  it may be different with an

extended warranty ?

3 minutes ago, Hadrian said:

Although it's obviously advisable, I  didn't think there was a legal obligation to get servicing done at a dealers, in order to comply with the terms of a warranty.

You just had to show that it was serviced in accordance with the makers specifications. Not if the warranty is with  a dealer anyway,  it may be different with an

extended warranty ?

My understanding is that's true with a new car and the original warranty.  However, Lexus do stipulate servicing in the Lexus dealers for the extended warranty.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hadrian said:

extended warranty ?

Extended warranty is not a factory warranty it's essentially an add on. So they can state their own conditions