Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Customer Relations

Hadrian

The only dealings I've had with the customer relations deptartment so far,  is regards the fitting of a reversing camera.

When they told me it couldn't be done by Lexus, which was confirmed on visiting  my local service service centre who explained why.

In general, how have those of you who have needed help or information, found them to be  ?

My experience with Ford (for a runaround we own) has been diabolical.  All Customer relations do, is to refer you back to the dealer.

Then the dealer refers you back to Fords, so you get stuck in a loop of buck passing.

The dealer I purchased from, I was disappointed with.

I had some concerns at a later date that I raised with Lexus UK. I was underwhelmed and felt the lady I spoke to didn't care that much. I was referred straight back to the dealer to sort the matter (which is why I spoke to Lexus in the first place) and she sung their praises, telling me they are fantastic.

In the back of my mind, I thought she may have a personal friendship with some of the guys at the dealership.

Yes, Lexus UK want to keep us customers happy, we buy their cars after all. But they certainly don't want to come down like a ton of bricks on dealers who sell their cars to us. The dealer exists, selling Lexus vehicles I assume, because they chose to do so. 

If they repeatedly rain hell on dealers to resolve a matter or to demonstrate going the extra mile for customers (only where that is warranted of course), they may pull the plug.

Lexus are a niche vehicle compared to Ford, etc. and so dealers may be inclined to switch their efforts to other manufacturers in future, if Lexus are too heavy handed. A Ford dealer getting reprimanded however may be less inclined to switch as they probably sell so many (or know there is potential to sell so many, as there's a larger market for them)

It feels dealers have Lexus UK by the balls in some respects, especially larger dealers with multiple sites, who are important to Lexus in the UK.

A bit of a conflict of interest really. Lexus UK need to keep us customers happy, but also their dealers.

My two cents.

Thanks Matt.  I hopefully won't have any issues that need to be dealt with.  I don't know if Lexus Customer Relations are based in the UK ?,

I can only assume they are.

Going by the names of those who answered my emails to Ford, they must be based somewhere in Africa.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links