Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS-F Brakes

No matter how hard i use the brakes or not, the squeaking does not seem to go away for more than a few minutes. Surely it cannot be normal for any car.

I have had many cars with steel on steel (M3, C65, etc) never had squeaking from them so I do not agree that high performance brakes/cars squeak because it has not been an issue with any other car.

Suppose no harm in taking a suggestion from above and paying a visit to local dealer to see what they say. Will let you know how i get on for those interested.

• Like 2

https://jalopnik.com/porsche-please-stop-complaining-about-squeaky-brakes-1822648682

Have to say mine squeak a little bit...don't want a less good compound for the pad as a fix and don't mind the noise...like Pavlovs dog i just associate the noise with high performance cars and so I like it...after all its the noise you hear all around the pits at Goodwood and Spa and Le Mans, etc, etc...granted its not as appealing as the noise of a tuned V8, but it goes along with the experience of owning a high performance car like stiff suspension, low mpg, expensive tyre's and exasperated other halves!

They squeak, Lexus have stated in a brochure they will, at certain times under certain conditions, squeak, its not a major issue for me, not bad enough for Lexus to fly a technician over from Europe to drive around with me all day, take my car off me(would they crush it...…..) then give me a new car...……….(do those brakes not squeak???) and then drop £15,000 into my bank account.

• Thanks 1

and then drop £15,000 into my bank account.

That seems like a recipe for people to start hearing squeaky brakes.....in fact I could have sworn they started squeaking. Or was that my wallet?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Having recently had a big moan to Lexus UK, they weren't exactly bending over backwards to help, far from it. Money talks, if a valuable client isn't happy, most companies will go above and beyond usual levels to retain their business (£). IMO Joe bloggs will have a very hard job to get this same success.  That said, I did get a £50 voucher to spent on lexus accessories 😉

• Like 1

I've had varying success with Lexus UK, ranging from chocolate teapot to perfection.

Having said that, on the occasion that Lexus UK were chocolate teapot, they were still more useful that Volvo UK!!!

3 hours ago, Comedian said:

That seems like a recipe for people to start hearing squeaky brakes.....in fact I could have sworn they started squeaking. Or was that my wallet?

In all fairness ... It is not that big of an issue for me, I will do with £4000 and maybe old ex-press IS-F... No. free service maybe? NO.. what about Lexus key ring? Maybe? Please? 😄

Don't have, much dealing with Volvo (certainly not after sales support), but even their sales were appalling. Asked for S90 T8 for test drive was offered D4 and the guy could not understand why that won't cut-it for me, then he said he will check if he could find one for me and never I head back from them. BMW was much more straightforward - when I said 520d won't represent 530e just been told to f******ff, at least didn't leave me waiting for several moths, I like "honesty".  So if sales rolls like that - what about after sales?

12 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

when I said 520d won't represent 530e just been told to f******ff

Is this...... Follow me sir and my colleague will arrange for the correct car to be delivered to you on his day off. Can't think of what else he might have said 🤔 

...something like that, precise wording was more like "they are selling like hot-cakes and I am not going to lie to you, but you won't get one for test drive anytime soon. we can arrange 520d for extended test drive or you can try calling few month later"... 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links