Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Going to look at this tomorrow ...

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/LS-600h/50-t7bq3fx

I appreciate that there is not a lot of info on the ad, but I've been after one of these for a while and this is for sale from my local Lexus dealer (Stoke). So worth a morning trip out at least. It's not the long wheel base version. 

It will be sold with a full one year warranty. They'll also do a full refurb of all the wheels and also sort out any bodywork issues. They'll only do this when they have a buyer lined up. If not, it is off to the trade to be sold elsewhere. 

Things to look out for? Price to aim at? 

Anyone local fancy coming along for a look let me know!

1 hour ago, jpjsavage said:

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/LS-600h/50-t7bq3fx

I appreciate that there is not a lot of info on the ad, but I've been after one of these for a while and this is for sale from my local Lexus dealer (Stoke). So worth a morning trip out at least. It's not the long wheel base version. 

It will be sold with a full one year warranty. They'll also do a full refurb of all the wheels and also sort out any bodywork issues. They'll only do this when they have a buyer lined up. If not, it is off to the trade to be sold elsewhere. 

Things to look out for? Price to aim at? 

Anyone local fancy coming along for a look let me know!

Does not the vehicle qualify for the Lexus Extended Warranty as it is currently less than 10 years old and has covered less than 140,000 miles?

4 minutes ago, jpjsavage said:

Not sure but will ask the question tomorrow. Is the Lexus Extended Warranty  a three year cover?

It is an annual cover for which you pay a sum. Look on the Lexus website Jon.

You could ask them to pay the first year`s fee instead of giving you their warranty. You then pay in subsequent years. Familiarise yourself via the website.

as John McVeigh says ............... a very very nice car 

wonder how much though £££££

looks good and a low mileage example too

Malc

If your are thinking of the Lexus Extended Warrenty then please note that it is only available for cars upto 10 years old ( from date of registration ) 

Don't want to put a downer on things but Alas this particular car was registered on 30/7/08 ( so Ten year deadline is in two days!) and I have heard that this condition is set in Stone!

paul m.

5 hours ago, dendonc said:

In case you still looking,  came across this, I checked out MOT history & all its got is minor exhaust leak, near Bury St Edomonds, if I were looking to buy one I would go check this for sure

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201806137466125

That does look nice. It would have to be a Mark IV for me though. 

I'm still concerned by the tiny boot in the LS600 but don't think I could really live with the fuel consumption of the 460 either! Perhaps I should go back to looking for a nice 430 or Mark IV LS400. I'm being very indecisive about this!

Also, the LS600H at Stoke is the shorter wheel base. It did seem quite a bit more compressed in the back. Anyone know what the precise difference is?

The passenger side is multi-coloured silver.  At 1:50 in the video you can see where the repair was stopped (on the rear passenger door) and the front passenger door is where the brunt of the damage has been suffered.  Silver is very difficult to put right.

It just goes to show that Lexus main dealer standards are not everything.  They may pay attention to the mechanical aspects, but they certainly don't have the pick of the bunch and the paintwork on this one is definitely clear to see why.

• Like 1

Wow, you have eagle eyes! I would never have spotted that! Anyway, I'm still really struggling with the boot size and knowing that I have to cart music gear around for my business I'm erring on the side of another LS400. 

This is in Glasgow:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1018723

Anyone know the car? Thinking of jumping on a train from Crewe to go and have a look. 

No but it's recorded service record is great, if I were interested I would ask him if there are any corrosion issues mentioned on MOT, it doesn't come up on DVLA history check, just says 'vehicle details could not be found'......someone here who knows more than me might know how that happens.

Even so, that car looks really good & if I were up for it after agreeing a price I would be up there after putting a 50 quid paypal holding deposit on it today......Note,  I do not do bank transfers with unknown individuals, hence paypal.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jpjsavage said:

Wow, you have eagle eyes! I would never have spotted that! Anyway, I'm still really struggling with the boot size and knowing that I have to cart music gear around for my business I'm erring on the side of another LS400. 

This is in Glasgow:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1018723

Anyone know the car? Thinking of jumping on a train from Crewe to go and have a look. 

MOT History not showing up on Gov.uk website.

I spoke to the guy this morning. He has had the car for two months and is downsizing to work on a new project Golf GTI. 

The car has a good service history but it is mostly from Arnold Clark (the garage where the previous owner of 15 years took the car regularly). Service book is all stamped up but he said there was a lack of receipts (the previous owner didn't keep them). 

He's sending me the reg so I can check the MOT history. 

The cam belt change etc wasn't done at Lexus but by a reputable garage in Glasgow. Again, further details to follow. 

He said that the car is in good shape, no bumps or creaks from the suspension etc. 

He's also going to send me some more photos of the odd marks etc around the car. So, will have a look at those before making a decision re. a single or return ticket! Or no ticket at all!

On a more personal note, that mica green is probably the one colour I wouldn't have chosen and I prefer the lighter interior. So, that's two negatives. Having said that, I don't think it would stop me buying it as finding one of these in good condition at a reasonable price is getting harder and harder. 

In summary:

LS600 - love the look and toys; boot is ridiculously small and would make life difficult for me carting music gear around;

LS460 - given increased mileage I'm doing I'd worry about fuel costs;

LS430 - never really fancied one, don't like the shape.

LS400 - had two of these Mark iVs and really enjoyed them so I'm erring towards one of these. 

All that said, I absolutely love my Honda Accord 3.0 V6 (picked up for £900 a couple of years ago) and, apart from servicing, tyres and nice new stainless steel exhaust, has cost me nothing. 

As mentioned previously, I'm not the most decisive when it comes to cars but thanks for the advice anyway 🙂

stick with the Honda Accord methinks ..................  decision made for you :whistling1:

nice Ls400 but if the colours aren't right for you and also i don't like the pas leaking tbh . alternator might be suffering underneath coz of that ( same as the earlier models ? )

the Arnold Clark servicing is probably fine BUT I'd like to know more about the front suspension fix this February

low miles 5k a year for 20 years might be the cause of undue wear on the suspension stuff maybe OR maybe it's an absolute gem of a car and you'll be a happy owner for years to come  .....  just like you are now with the Honda

BUT if you've that itch to scratch then maybe this Ls is a good one with which  to scratch :rolleyes:

Good Luck whatever you choose to do

Malc

31 minutes ago, jpjsavage said:

I spoke to the guy this morning. He has had the car for two months and is downsizing to work on a new project Golf GTI. 

The car has a good service history but it is mostly from Arnold Clark (the garage where the previous owner of 15 years took the car regularly). Service book is all stamped up but he said there was a lack of receipts (the previous owner didn't keep them). 

He's sending me the reg so I can check the MOT history. 

The cam belt change etc wasn't done at Lexus but by a reputable garage in Glasgow. Again, further details to follow. 

He said that the car is in good shape, no bumps or creaks from the suspension etc. 

He's also going to send me some more photos of the odd marks etc around the car. So, will have a look at those before making a decision re. a single or return ticket! Or no ticket at all!

On a more personal note, that mica green is probably the one colour I wouldn't have chosen and I prefer the lighter interior. So, that's two negatives. Having said that, I don't think it would stop me buying it as finding one of these in good condition at a reasonable price is getting harder and harder. 

In summary:

LS600 - love the look and toys; boot is ridiculously small and would make life difficult for me carting music gear around;

LS460 - given increased mileage I'm doing I'd worry about fuel costs;

LS430 - never really fancied one, don't like the shape.

LS400 - had two of these Mark iVs and really enjoyed them so I'm erring towards one of these. 

All that said, I absolutely love my Honda Accord 3.0 V6 (picked up for £900 a couple of years ago) and, apart from servicing, tyres and nice new stainless steel exhaust, has cost me nothing. 

As mentioned previously, I'm not the most decisive when it comes to cars but thanks for the advice anyway 🙂

Thanks Jon.I cannot think of a good reason why I would sell a fully serviced V6 Accord with a new s/s exhaust system.

MOT record not bad but suggests a not so caring owner who has fitted incorrect (cheap?) wiper blades, not checked number plates and bulbs  and probably skimped on expenditure  generally on those items not obviously seen.

I have not read, heard of, or spoken with, anyone who has had a good word to say about Arnold Clark.

Buy a return ticket or save your money and continue to look elsewhere.

Main reasons are that I love the Lexus brand and, secondly, my back is suffering from a poor seat in the Honda. Old age and all that!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jpjsavage said:

my back is suffering from a poor seat in the Honda.

ah right, that's the nub of the matter then .....  I've always had a fantastic ride in the Ls400 seats, zero fatigue whatever the length of journey, from 2 mins to 5 hrs ..  the back problems just disappear in our Ls400 seats.

Buy it then :biggrin:..  you won't get a pain in the back nor a pain in the arse ....  nor a pain in the neck ......  pain in the bank balance maybe BUT your back will be fine for your future journeying.

I compare the Honda Legend and drivers seat comfort and it is no comparison to the Ls400............  Ls400 wins hands down ( or up ! )

Malc

21 hours ago, jpjsavage said:

My back is suffering from a poor seat in the Honda.

I know what you mean, when the wife had an Accord, a lovely car for short drives, but not for long haul, though bullet proof as you like for a car that would have been a lot cheaper then an LS off the production line.

Sounds like the LS 400 is tempting you back into the fold once more, and looks like a bargain for lugging music gear about.

Hope whatever decision you make is one you remain happy with

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links