Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Going to look at this tomorrow ...

On 7/29/2018 at 11:05 AM, jpjsavage said:

I spoke to the guy this morning. He has had the car for two months and is downsizing to work on a new project Golf GTI. 

The car has a good service history but it is mostly from Arnold Clark (the garage where the previous owner of 15 years took the car regularly). Service book is all stamped up but he said there was a lack of receipts (the previous owner didn't keep them). 

He's sending me the reg so I can check the MOT history. 

The cam belt change etc wasn't done at Lexus but by a reputable garage in Glasgow. Again, further details to follow. 

He said that the car is in good shape, no bumps or creaks from the suspension etc. 

He's also going to send me some more photos of the odd marks etc around the car. So, will have a look at those before making a decision re. a single or return ticket! Or no ticket at all!

On a more personal note, that mica green is probably the one colour I wouldn't have chosen and I prefer the lighter interior. So, that's two negatives. Having said that, I don't think it would stop me buying it as finding one of these in good condition at a reasonable price is getting harder and harder. 

In summary:

LS600 - love the look and toys; boot is ridiculously small and would make life difficult for me carting music gear around;

LS460 - given increased mileage I'm doing I'd worry about fuel costs;

LS430 - never really fancied one, don't like the shape.

LS400 - had two of these Mark iVs and really enjoyed them so I'm erring towards one of these. 

All that said, I absolutely love my Honda Accord 3.0 V6 (picked up for £900 a couple of years ago) and, apart from servicing, tyres and nice new stainless steel exhaust, has cost me nothing. 

As mentioned previously, I'm not the most decisive when it comes to cars but thanks for the advice anyway 🙂

Jonathan,

you got me thinking about fuel consumption on the various models so I looked this up

Lexus Fuel consumption

https://www.auto-data.net/en/lexus-ls-model-650#LS V

400 Fuel consumption (economy) - combined 10.9 l/100 km.

430Fuel consumption (economy) - combined 11.4 l/100 km.

460 Fuel consumption (economy) - combined 11.1 l/100 km.

600Fuel consumption (economy) - combined 9.5 l/100 km.

Derek

1 minute ago, royoftherovers said:

Am I going daft Derek, or have you got those statements the wrong way round?

9.5 l consumption per 100 kms is less than 11.4 l consumption per 100 kms, so the 9.5 consumption is less than 11.4 consumed.

Yes sorry good spot ignore my ramblings probably had a senior moment

• Haha 1

I don't know where your at yet with your search but if you've found non then this one below looks good, low mileage 110k  & no corrosion mentioned on MOT either, might have been garaged, that said it is 26 year old, 1992.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163174587244?ul_noapp=true

8 hours ago, dendonc said:

this one below looks good, low mileage 110k

looks beautiful .......... am I allowed to say that ?   really lovely looking car and the MOT history is good too ..  reminds me of my first Ls400            J54DAP ( looks like it died at 186k miles 😐)

Malc

Have you got one or one in mind yet jpg? if not old baz has one (Green-Grey) on eBay at the moment, new MOT & I checked its MOT history for corrosion issues or other poor advisories & it comes u with only one about windscreen, the history advisories show it as historically an good prospect in the context of seems to be around, 68,000 miles, 1993. 

Well, the LS600H has not been sold by Lexus Stoke so off for a test drive tomorrow. I'll be sure to check out the paintwork carefully!

Also, they'll do an extended warranty for the additional two years (i.e. making it 3 in total) if I want it. Let the haggling commence!

1 hour ago, jpjsavage said:

Well, the LS600H has not been sold by Lexus Stoke so off for a test drive tomorrow.

I take it you mean the car at the link you gave on P1, I just checked the link again & it comes up with no car & says that car has been sold, did you put a deposit on it or something? posted 7pm immediatley after checking link on P1 post 1

Yes, that's it. The original purchaser didn't get the money together apparently.

I can't find another one in the UK at that price, mileage and condition plus the option of an extended Lexus warranty offer.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, jpjsavage said:

Yes, that's it. The original purchaser didn't get the money together apparently.

I can't find another one in the UK at that price, mileage and condition plus the option of an extended Lexus warranty offer.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Brilliant news.

Very pleased to say that I've bought the LS600H from Lexus Stoke. Paid a deposit this afternoon. 

Even though the car is a few day's over the 10 year mark, and just over 101k on the clock, they have included an extended 2 year full warranty into the deal giving me a total of 3 years of main dealer Lexus warranty with the car. 

The wheels are going off for a complete refurb and there are few other bits they are doing too before I can pick up it, hopefully in a week or so. 

Very pleased to be back in the Lexus club!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jpjsavage said:

Very pleased to say that I've bought the LS600H from Lexus Stoke. Paid a deposit this afternoon. 

Even though the car is a few day's over the 10 year mark, and just over 101k on the clock, they have included an extended 2 year full warranty into the deal giving me a total of 3 years of main dealer Lexus warranty with the car. 

The wheels are going off for a complete refurb and there are few other bits they are doing too before I can pick up it, hopefully in a week or so. 

Congratulations!  And well done getting the peace of mind warranty.  It'll be interesting to hear how you get with it, I'm guessing you'll be chuffed to bits.  The day you pick it up will seem like a million years away!!

43 minutes ago, jpjsavage said:

Congratulations Jonathan, welcome back.

Very pleased you got a good deal & the car you want, looking forward to seeing some pics of inside as well as outside, does it have white line technology or did that idea die a death?