Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Going to look at this tomorrow ...

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I know a post is nothing without pictures and I promise to get some done as soon as I go and pick up the car!

I think I paid a fair price for the car - a 2008 model, 101k miles, just had the big service in May and every single service in the car's whole history done in Lexus main dealers. Lexus have to sell their preowned cars to a certain standard and I know that the car had quite a bit of work done in the suspension side of things to bring it up to the right level! As many of you know, it is a superb and refined ride!

But the warranty was the clincher for me. What price peace of mind with cars like these? The way I see it, I have three years of beautiful motoring ahead and then I'll probably be wanting to trade it in for something else!

The wheels let it down massively and who knows the actual cost of sand-blasting them and repainting to the Lexus standard? Anyway, it will be interesting to see it when it is sitting proudly on its new wheels. For now, here are few pictures I took of the car whilst leaving the garage yesterday. Hopefully nothing too amiss!

20180804_140142.jpg
20180804_140150.jpg
20180804_140200.jpg
20180804_140205.jpg
20180804_140214.jpg

21 minutes ago, jpjsavage said:

the car had quite a bit of work done in the suspension side of things to bring it up to the right level!

Was that something to do with air suspension probs?

With three years of Lexus warranty that has to be the cleverest way of buying an old luxury car.

I have bought my three cars from main agents and have never regretted paying the premium price. It is not just the warranty but also the knowledge they do not sell cars that are at risk of causing problems.

Also I know from experience and have heard from other sources there is a high rate of 'paying out' on Lexus warranties.

40 minutes ago, GrahamG said:

With three years of Lexus warranty that has to be the cleverest way of buying an old luxury car.

I have bought my three cars from main agents and have never regretted paying the premium price. It is not just the warranty but also the knowledge they do not sell cars that are at risk of causing problems.

Also I know from experience and have heard from other sources there is a high rate of 'paying out' on Lexus warranties.

Thanks Graham. I've been looking out for one of these for a while now. I'm not sure how the Lexus stock is moved around but this one has most of its history at Lexus Birmingham but appeared at Lexus Stoke (just down the road from me). 

I've been assured that the warranty protection is completely comprehensive so, apart from consumables and servicing, I'm hoping it will be work out as a great way to enjoy a fantastic car for the next 3 years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nickd said:

Looks fab and will be very interested to hear your thoughts once you have the car.

jpj bought it on Aug 5th nick, scroll page up see photo's

5 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Legend Coupe for £5 grand

very very rare car ...............  even the newer saloon Honda Legend is quite rare

Malc

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links