Be very careful of a Blue LS400 on eBay from our old friend in the West Midlands who now calls himself Lexuslegend.

DVLA shows MOT recorded mileage all over the place. You have been warned.

• Like 2

Maybe the local trading standards should know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluesman said:

it comes from our friend in the West Midlands

I remember speaking to someone around there somewhere in Feb when I was looking for another LS. I remember I had a few doubts about the guy I was speaking to (as well as a few others), but, & as far as I can remember, I think he might have been in Solihull & thats S E Midlands  but Im not 100% sure it was Solihull, I am certain it was in midlands

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinonline said:

Maybe the local trading standards should know.

They keep their eyes on him since they successfully prosecuted over a year ago and was fined a sum in the thousands and of course he now has a criminal record.

• Like 2

I just noticed Bluesman you said West Midlands, while I was looking on Google earth Dudley also was triggering some memory as well as Solihull, is that close?

• Like 1

Yes.

• Like 1

I remember that call quite well, not the word for bit but the impression I got quite quickly, he did not seem to like the idea I knew >anything< about the LS but I picked that inhibition up very early on, on the other hand, I was in 'predjudice mode' with all of them.

He did >not< have a Brum accent, much more like an accent I hear in London a lot, for me he was a ''no'' ''no''..

• Like 1

I have been on EBay for over 15 years and cannot think of any 'good' reason to change your user name!

User ID   Effective Date   End Date

lexuslegend   02-Nov-17   Present

1exuschamp   15-Mar-17   02-Nov-17

lexuschap   27-Jan-14   15-Mar-17

son0fadam   24-Nov-13   27-Jan-14

watsthatsnoise   07-Aug-13   24-Nov-13

a**********y   15-Aug-06   07-Aug-13

• Like 2

I just picked up Lexuslegend on ebay, black LS400

10 hours ago, dendonc said:

I just picked up Lexuslegend on ebay, black LS400

Another giveaway is his favourite use of "fine drive" which he says in that ad and has used for years.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Another giveaway is his favourite use of "fine drive"

There was a guy advertising them some years ago who always put in bold letters ''No Lexus Experts', is this the same guy do you know?

4 hours ago, dendonc said:

There was a guy advertising them some years ago who always put in bold letters ''No Lexus Experts', is this the same guy do you know?

He could well be the same person. He was using all sorts of derogatory remarks about the Lexus Owners Club. That stopped after he had been taken to court.

• Like 1

OK, on Ebay anyone can have pretty much as many accounts as they like

I've just bought an LS430 from LEXUSLEGEND.

The car was described as a "fine drive" with "superb mechanics" and "mechanics are fine". The description specifically pointed out "no warning lights on the dash". Up to and including the point of final sale there was no mention that the sound system had a blown subwoofer or that the car drove with a severe pull to the left or that the bonnet struts would not hold the weight of the bonnet or that the parking brake was ineffective or that there was a soft drink can holding the exhaust together or that the rear air suspension would severely drop on the nearside and partly drop on the offside or that the Engine Warning (EML) light on the dash was permanently showing a fault.

The seller - LEXUSLEGEND - then changed the wording of the eBay Classified advert AFTER I had driven off with the car. This was a fraudulent action as it was done to deprive me of my rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. This is now under investigation by the police and by eBay. I paid a deposit through PayPal and he insisted I did this under the Friends And Family payment scheme. Thus is against PayPal rules and they are also currently investigating this seller.

I want to take him to Small Claims for a full refund (plus costs) or extensive repair costs, but I suspect he used a false name and address on the invoice he gave me.

I backtracked the route I took from the local filling station and found the actual address I bought the car using Google Streetmap and comparing with the advertised pics of the car (and background). I used the Land Registry to find the current owner of this address.

I'm having trouble - under the new Data Protection laws - from verifying 100% that I have the real name and address of LEXUSLEGEND. I need to be sure about this before I start taking any legal action against him.

He is currently under investigation by eBay, PayPal, Citizens Advice, Trading Standards, Barclaycard and the Police (ActionFraud). I expect to get my deposit back through a Barclaycard chargeback, but this is way short of any sort of full recompense.

I want to enjoy the Lexus LS430 I bought, but this has made me sick to my stomach about it.

Does anyone have any further information that may be of help while I pursue the real identity of this rogue trader ?...

• Like 1

When I was looking for an LS 430, I always checked the number plate in the photo on the Gov website for MOT history, especially advisories. This will show you a lot of info and can help you decide if an MOT test has been genuine. No number plate in the photo? then I ignored the car as I would have suspicions as to the condition of it.

I looked at cars from all over the country and found one that was an hour away. I was a bit concerned that the car had travelled to dealers over half of England, but with petrol prices as they were and a bit of a guzzler to boot, I could understand that. Test drive was good. The car isn't perfect but I believed it's a good 'un so I bought it.

• Like 1

Yes...  I checked the VOSA MOT history on the car before I bought it. It was fine...   with the 5 most recent tests being a straight PASS with no advisories. So...  with this information - and the seller's glowing description of the LS430 - I paid a deposit and traveled over 160 miles - to Dudley in the West Midlands - to pick up the car.

The VOSA check is worth doing, but it is no guarantee. I bought a BMW 535i a couple of years ago with similar good test history - and with 6 months MOT left. When I took it for it's next test it failed badly on emissions. My local garage found that the catalytic converters had been cut open - the insides taken out - then welded shut again. So...   it effectively had NO catalytic converters - but there was no tell-tale rattle as the insides had gone. The welding on the converters looked ancient, so I cannot believe that it had "genuinely" passed it's last MOT, or probably even the ones before that.

• Like 1

I'm really sorry to hear of your tale of woe.  I've noticed that he had a few cars for sale recently, mostly LS400's but also a couple of 430's.  I hope so much that you manage to get this man brought to justice.  So did you just do a buy it now and not take it for a test drive before parting with money?

• Like 1

Is this your car?

This is a classified listing therefore no auction, you can Buy It Now, if you are genuinely interested in purchasing this vehicle it would be a good idea to make a deal to avoid disappointment!

LATE 2005 LEXUS LS430 MK2 FACE LIFT 6 SPEED AUTO, PREMIUM PACK, ADAPTIVE RADAR CRUISE, 4.3 V8, NEAR FULL SERVICE HISTORY, MOT JULY, HPI CLEAR, LOOKS SOUNDS & DRIVES GREAT, £2000, PH 07854067762 ANYTIME

Do not let the mileage deter you as this Lexus has been maintained very well indeed showing no less than 17 Dealer service stamps 15 of which are Lexus & remaining 2 being Toyota, along with stacks of invoices amounting to vasts amounts spent on this beauty. Comprising 3 working keys, original leather book pack containing manual, handbook, service book mots & a separate folder full of invoices. Personally collected & driven 125 miles to base, she performed as you would expect from this wonderful LS range. Adaptive Radar cruise control works perfect & is just awesome, Engine is sound, Gearbox is nice & smooth, Suspension works as it should, brakes are decent, the only warning light that sporadically came on was the "Low Tyre" one which was reset correctly & very easily! Aircon is nice & cold, Mark Levinson Sound system works perfectly fine along with the CD changer, The telescopic steering wheel comes in & out but not up & down. New owner will be truly delighted with their purchase.

Completely HPI clear, for the full report please click HERE

Personally I think value for money the face lift LS430 is perhaps 1 of the best in the range, it really does offer so much. It has been refined with subtle changes such as the extra gear making significant performance & economy improvements, AFS Xenon lights giving amazing range, Air suspension being refined some what & does not suffer as much as its predecessor, voice activation, blue tooth phone connectivity, also USB & aux connections installed. Please note the rear o/s quarter panel is fine, they are just surrounding reflections!

Build Quality & reliability on a seriously next level. Consisting of all the usual Lexus refinements as standard: Adaptive Radar Cruise control, Rear entertainment Pack, Rear massaging seats, Rear fridge, Rear Entertainment with DVD screens & headphones inc 6 disc DVD changer in boot, Keyless entry & Go, AFS Xenons, Wonderful leather upholstery, electric windows/mirrors/sunroof/seatbelts/headrests... electric heated/ventilated memory seats, pas, abs, vsc, cruise climate traction control, aircon. The electrics work fine, runs & drives very nicely indeed. Gear change is nice & smooth, engine revs freely through the range & sounds good, brakes are decent, no warning lights on the dash, no bangs rattle or smoke. As you can see from the pictures the car is in very decent condition for its age and mileage, both inside and out. Bodywork is generally ok with only age related wear as expected, interior is ok, well maintained regardless of time or cost.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A NEW CAR SO PLEASE DON'T EXPECT SO, IN FACT IT IS A WELL USED 13 YEAR OLD CAR THAT HAS COVERED 210K MILES, IT MAY HAVE THE ODD AGE RELATED ISSUE, WITH THIS CAR THE alloys WOULD BENEFIT WITH A REFURB, THE REAR BUMPER IS SCUFFED ON CORNERS, FLOOR mats & CARPETS COULD DO WITH A CLEAN & THERE ARE MINOR IMPERFECTIONS AS TO BE EXPECTED WITH ANY BIG OLD USED CAR, BUT NONE THAT DETER FROM THE OVERALL LOOK.

SIMPLY DUE TO AGE/MILES SHE WILL BE SOLD AS SEEN AS SPARES & REPAIRS, NO WARRANTY IMPLIED OR GIVEN, NO REFUNDS, NO RETURNS, HAVING SAID ALL THAT ANY TRIAL OR INSPECTION MOST WELCOME & ENCOURAGED! CASH ONLY SALE THANKS!

I do prefer collection however Immediate nationwide delivery available at unbeatable charges if your unable to collect, please contact me for a quote. She will be driven to destination!

BUY NOW £2000, Call/Email/Text anytime on 07854067762, Dudley

Many thanks to PASSMAN53 for this.................................

Hope this cheers people up, its taken a long time.

Hello, I've been away a couple of days so sorry if I'm repeating something you all know. I am looking at the front page of my local paper reading about Mr Umar Ijaz who has pleaded guilty at Dudley magistrates court to "supplying a vehicle in an unroadworthy condition" and two offences relating to professional diligence and misleading descriptions. He has been fined £1,050, ordered to pay £640 compensation and £40 victim surcharge.

According to the newspaper(express and star), the case was bought by Dudley trading standards against Ijaz,  who was trading on EBay as, Lexuschap.  Hope this cheers people up, its taken a long time.

Some more info on the court case................

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/2016/04/16/rogue-car-dealer-hit-with-fine-over-unsafe-mazda-mx5-he-sold-on-ebay/?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&amp;utm_medium=ForumLinks

http://www.dudleynews.co.uk/news/14430554.Motor_trader_lands___3_000_court_bill/?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&amp;utm_medium=ForumLinks

I know the newspapers would love to hear he hasnt learnt his lesson. I think he has moved from the address shown but they might be happy if they know what the new address is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grimfun said:

I've just bought an LS430 from LEXUSLEGEND.

The car was described as a "fine drive" with "superb mechanics" and "mechanics are fine". The description specifically pointed out "no warning lights on the dash". Up to and including the point of final sale there was no mention that the sound system had a blown subwoofer or that the car drove with a severe pull to the left or that the bonnet struts would not hold the weight of the bonnet or that the parking brake was ineffective or that there was a soft drink can holding the exhaust together or that the rear air suspension would severely drop on the nearside and partly drop on the offside or that the Engine Warning (EML) light on the dash was permanently showing a fault.

The seller - LEXUSLEGEND - then changed the wording of the eBay Classified advert AFTER I had driven off with the car. This was a fraudulent action as it was done to deprive me of my rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. This is now under investigation by the police and by eBay. I paid a deposit through PayPal and he insisted I did this under the Friends And Family payment scheme. Thus is against PayPal rules and they are also currently investigating this seller.

I want to take him to Small Claims for a full refund (plus costs) or extensive repair costs, but I suspect he used a false name and address on the invoice he gave me.

I backtracked the route I took from the local filling station and found the actual address I bought the car using Google Streetmap and comparing with the advertised pics of the car (and background). I used the Land Registry to find the current owner of this address.

I'm having trouble - under the new Data Protection laws - from verifying 100% that I have the real name and address of LEXUSLEGEND. I need to be sure about this before I start taking any legal action against him.

He is currently under investigation by eBay, PayPal, Citizens Advice, Trading Standards, Barclaycard and the Police (ActionFraud). I expect to get my deposit back through a Barclaycard chargeback, but this is way short of any sort of full recompense.

I want to enjoy the Lexus LS430 I bought, but this has made me sick to my stomach about it.

Does anyone have any further information that may be of help while I pursue the real identity of this rogue trader ?...

Hi i saw the ad on eBay, you could instantly tell from the pic that car looked battered . It just didn't look right. You should have come on here before you bought it for our advice.

• Like 1

Wow.....   and THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!......     Looks like I FINALLY have a name for this cheat.....    and the address I picked the car up from was 7 St Michaels Grove, Dudley, DY2 7SE.

The advert you've just posted is for the LS430 he sold AFTER mine....  I'm now copying the eBay Classified Ad as he ORIGINALLY worded the description...

This is a classified listing therefore no auction, you can Buy It Now/Make an offer, if you are genuinely interested in purchasing this vehicle it would be a good idea to make a deal to avoid disappointment!

2001 BLACK LEXUS LS430 PREMIUM PACK, 1 PREVIOUS OWNER, HPI CLEAR, MOT DEC, LOOKS SOUNDS & DRIVES GREAT, £1750, PH 07854067762

1 previous owner since 2005 Looks Sounds & Drives great, Loads spent on this beauty in recent years comprising a fair bit of Service History, Timing belt kit & water pump replaced at 70K, Mechanically great, Nice deep black bodywork in very decent condition, she has been very well maintained indeed. Engine & Gearbox are sound, rest of the mechanics are fine too. Sounds Drives & pulls superbly well. Nice deep dish type alloys wearing 4 almost new tyres, Interior is exceptionally clean for age/miles. Ice cold aircon, every single gadget works inside inc telescopic steering wheel, sound, cd changer...  Comprising original leather pack with manual, handbooks, few invoices, mots & 2 working keys!

BLACK LS430 LISTED SAT 4th AUG & IF YOU CAN SEE THIS LISTING ITS STILL AVAILABLE!

Consisting of all the Lexus refinements as standard: Rear massaging seats, rear fridge, rear blinds, Keyless entry & Go, Touch screen colour satnav, Xenon headlights, electric heated & ventilated memory seats, pas, abs, vsc, cruise climate traction control, ice cold aircon.  The electrics work fine, runs & drives very nicely indeed. Gear change is nice & smooth, engine revs freely through the range & sounds good, brakes are sharp, no warning lights on the dash, no bangs rattle or smoke. As you can see from the pictures the car is in very decent condition for its age and mileage, both inside and out. bodywork is generally ok with only age related wear as expected, interior is clean without stains, well maintained regardless of time or cost.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A NEW CAR SO PLEASE DON'T EXPECT SO, IN FACT IT IS A WELL USED 17 YEAR OLD CAR THAT HAS COVERED 112K MILES, IT MAY HAVE THE ODD AGE RELATED ISSUE, WITH THIS CAR THERE ARE MINOR IMPERFECTIONS AS TO BE EXPECTED WITH ANY BIG OLD USED CAR, BUT NONE THAT DETER FROM THE OVERALL LOOK.

ANY TRIAL OR INSPECTION MOST WELCOME & ENCOURAGED! CASH ONLY SALE THANKS!

I do prefer collection however Immediate nationwide delivery available at unbeatable charges if your unable to collect, please contact me for a quote. She will be driven to destination!

BUY NOW £1750, Call/Email/Text anytime on 07854067762, Dudley

And  I'm now copying the eBay Classified Ad after he CHANGED IT TWICE to deprive me of my right to compensation under the Consumer Rights Act 2015...

image.thumb.png.485bf7b132b444f8ef4360b1025cdcf0.png

So....   he took out the bits about good "sound" and "no warning lights on dash" and inserted the bits about "sold as spares and repairs" and "the rear n/s suspension goes down..."
He also showed me an "invoice" for the timing belt change....  but kept his hand over the word "ESTIMATE" in the top corner....  and he says "fair bit of Service History"....   I got ONE INVOICE from 2004 for 139 pounds worth of work done on the Lexus. NO service book or service stamps.

He signed the invoice as Adam Khan of 11 Tipton Road, Dudley, DY1 4SH... but I picked the car up from - and went in his house at - 7 St Micheals Grove, Dudley, DY2 7SE.

Please pass any or all of this information on to any interested parties. I will be more than willing to confirm and show proof of all of the above.
  • Like 3

Let us know the outcome. He's been sued before so I hope you take him to the cleaners this time.

• Like 2

I wonder at what stage perpetual fraudsters get sent to jail :yahoo:

sooner the better methinks

Malc

Yes.....   exactly the same person....   and being a bit more "cautious" now about how he describes his wrecks....

• Like 1

Good lord, this is a horrifying read

• Like 1