2 hours ago, i-s said:

Glad that you got a resolution with which you are satisfied (I'll not use the word happy). 

For the pull to the left, I highly recommend a trip to Wheels In Motion in Chesham. https://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/wheels-alignment.php

I visited there as part of a club meet (honda accord), and one chap had a similar issue, continual pull to the left despite repeated "alignments" by various dealers and garages. They diagnosed and fixed the problem within 30 minutes. Many garages are now offering alignment using the Hunter machines, but it's only a tool - if the operator doesn't have the in-depth knowledge of suspension geometry behaviour then they can't fully interpret what the machine can tell them - a skilled operator makes the difference. 

I second Wheels in Motion. I wasted money going to people who should never be allowed anywhere near things that need plugging in and making the car worse than it was when I bought it into them. One visit to WIM and that was the end of my tracking problem. Everyone sings their praises. I know they are a fair distance from you but sometimes its worth putting a little bit extra in to solve problems.

• Like 1

Thank you so much....   I'll definitely give Wheels In Motion a call....   I certainly don't mind travelling if means fixing the tracking problem !

21 hours ago, Grimfun said:

Thank you so much....   I'll definitely give Wheels In Motion a call....   I certainly don't mind travelling if means fixing the tracking problem !

Please post an update peter when you have it sorted. Your original story made my stomach turn and I felt gutted for you.

Those 2 links above by fred81 are nothing to do with cars, the first one I got 'threat' warning & the second is about terrorism

the first link is from dudley council and gives info on the latest case discussed in this thread - i get no such threat warning.

the second link may be interesting to some people as it contains a person with the same name as our lexuschap, from the same area, being suspected of terrorism offence

Text from first link:

Second prosecution lands Dudley car trader suspended prison sentence

Posted on: 11/09/2019

A Dudley car trader has received a 20 week prison sentence, suspended for 18 months, after a second prosecution by Dudley Trading Standards.

Umar Ijaz of St Michaels Grove, Dudley, trading as Lexuslegend, sold a mis-described vehicle using a false name and address and altered the advert after the sale.

At Wolverhampton Magistrates Court on September 5 Ijaz pleaded guilty to five offences under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations.

He also pleaded guilty to a Fraud Act offence, having admitted to altering the eBay advertisement for the Lexus shortly after purchase adding the statement “sold as spares or repairs and invoiced as such.”

This prosecution followed a previous conviction for three trading standards offences in 2016 after the sale of an unroadworthy car.

The court heard that the customer bought a Lexus LS430 for £1,750 after seeing an advert on eBay which claimed the car was a ‘fine drive’ and was ‘mechanically great.’ Both statements were removed from the advert after the sale.

In fact the rear brake discs were found to be heavily corroded and the exhaust system had been repaired using a drinks can. The off side rear suspension was found to be 15mm lower than the near side rear suspension.

Ijaz also altered the advert after purchase to read ‘the rear N/S suspension goes down overnight, but goes back up within seconds of starting.’ 

Ijaz was also ordered to pay costs of £1,000 and £115 victim surcharge.

Councillor Nicolas Barlow, cabinet member for health & adult social care, said:

Trading Standards officers investigate complaints where second hand vehicles are not described fully or accurately, because it is vital that consumers receive the information they need to make an informed choice about whether to buy or not.
We will not hesitate to take action against traders who make misleading actions or omissions which deceive the customer and may put their safety at risk.

22 minutes ago, fred81 said:

the first link is from dudley council and gives info on the latest case discussed in this thread - i get no such threat warning.

the second link may be interesting to some people as it contains a person with the same name as our lexuschap, from the same area, being suspected of terrorism offence

I noticed that too Fred. Well said.

57 minutes ago, fred81 said:

Interesting to people who like to jump to conclusions Fred? I think you're on extremely thin ice there and unless you have something more than two Asian males sharing the same name in the West Midlands then I reckon you should edit your post.

19 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

Interesting to people who like to jump to conclusions Fred? I think you're on extremely thin ice there and unless you have something more than two Asian males sharing the same name in the West Midlands then I reckon you should edit your post.

I too noticed the same name appearing Richie. It struck me straight away, not because the people were the same, but because the names were the same..

I did not jump to any conclusions and I was not skating on thin ice either. People`s perceptions are different. Your comment to Fred could have been directed to me and you would have been jumping to conclusions and skating on thin ice., and wrong.

• Like 1

Regardless of what people who don't know me on the Internet might think, the fact remains that the name is the same - take from that what you will. no conclusions jumped to, or implied.

• Like 2

Earlier articles state the car dealers age as 36

The second link in question mentions the age of the similar named person as 24

On that basis they are not the same person.

• Like 1

the terrorism article is from 2004, so if the articles from 2016 when he was prosecuted say 36, the age would match.

• Like 1

just to point out, i don't really care, i was just making that information known. do with it what you will.

well guys, let's anticipate that the Dudley Trader will put a foot wrong somewhere, maybe a criminal littering offence, a cigarette end dropped inadvertently, and ends up fully serving his suspended sentence               would be a just and fair end to his criminal activities eh !

Malc

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 2:08 PM, Malc said:

well guys, let's anticipate that the Dudley Trader will put a foot wrong somewhere, maybe a criminal littering offence, a cigarette end dropped inadvertently, and ends up fully serving his suspended sentence               would be a just and fair end to his criminal activities eh !

Malc

+ 1

I suffered also. He has no humanity.

• Sad 1

OK people, lets keep this thread civilised.

1 hour ago, Bluesman said:

OK people, lets keep this thread civilised.

I agree.

But I do recall losing quite a lot of money when I sold my beloved Soarer on eBay.

'He' bought it but there was 'unnecessary' negotiation on price.

Hopefully he will see the error of his ways now.

5 hours ago, PCM said:

I agree.

But I do recall losing quite a lot of money when I sold my beloved Soarer on eBay.

'He' bought it but there was 'unnecessary' negotiation on price.

Hopefully he will see the error of his ways now.

I doubt it, he is just one of those that can never earn an honest living.

• Like 1