Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS 450h VSC, EBD and PCB check lights

Brian Eley

I have just replaced front discs and pads on my 2007 GS 450h and I now have check warnings for VSC, EBD and PCB showing. The brakes work but there is no anti lock working.

Any suggestions?

HI Brian welcome to LOC.

This could be something as simple as particles of rust stuck on the sensor on either front hub. Alternatively check the wire running down to the sensors for cuts or breakage.

A code reading would be useful , but try disconnecting the 12 volt Battery for a short while to possibly clear any error.

John. 

Hey Brian, did you bleed the brakes too? You didn't mention it, so I presume you didn't.

I had my disks/pads changed and fluid bled recently which threw codes. Once cleared, then all was well.

• Like 1

Britprius - Disconnecting Battery hasn't helped but thanks anyway.

Farqui - I didn't bleed the brakes but someone has suggested that I should have opened the bleed nipples when pushing the pistons back rather than pushing the fluid back into the reservoir and drawing off the excess as I did. How did you clear your error codes?

Yes, I've also seen that pushing fluid back can sometimes upset the sensors/etc.

My Lexus indo cleared the codes with his code reader, which is more advanced than my basic BT reader. But if you can then do try clearing the errors with whatever you have to hand, you can't loose anything by trying.

The indi did say that folks often fear the extra Hybrid gubbins but in his experience working on brakes/etc rarely caused problems. But then again, he knows the procedure where many don't. So he's less likely to hit a snag in the first place.

Just been to my tame lexus indo and 30 seconds with his magic box reset the system and all is well - and he didn't even want paying!!

Thanks to all for the suggestions.