Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Required (IS300H)

Hi all.

I recently bought a used IS300h which i love but for some bizzare reason the mode selector (eco/normal/sport) button cover plate is missing, its the chrome/stainless steel top cover.

Has anyone any idea of where i might find the part number for this or do i need to buy the entire button assembly?

Loving the car, its a 2015 advance model.

All help appreciated.

Adrian.

Unfortunately is appears that only the whole assembly is available, which means it probably isn't cheap. Best to contact your dealer and give them your chassis number so the correct part can be matched - there are finishes / button configurations / writing & symbol differences between models.

40 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Unfortunately is appears that only the whole assembly is available, which means it probably isn't cheap. Best to contact your dealer and give them your chassis number so the correct part can be matched - there are finishes / button configurations / writing & symbol differences between models.

Thanks, unfortunately not what i wanted to hear, ill try Lexus and see what they can do.

9 minutes ago, Zotto said:

Can you put online a photo showing how is now?

This. And maybe measure some dimensions. There is a lot of industry knobs and switches in many finishes and nice quality. If Lexus will not source "the plate", or price for whole switch will be ridiculous, we could try to find something on the industrial market.

30 minutes ago, 200h said:

here is a link for a 2nd hand part that you need

although its not just the dial thats for sale.

https://www.car-transplants.co.uk/parts-breaking/details/lexus-is-hybrid-2013-on-300-sport-dual-vvt-i-centre-console-and-driving-controls/-/28508

Thanks for that, its an option anyway, ill check with lexus and see what the damage will be cost wise.

54 minutes ago, Zotto said:

Can you put online a photo showing how is now? May be you could change the knob only.

Ill put up a pic in the morning. Appreciate all the comments/info guys.

9 hours ago, 200h said:

here is a link for a 2nd hand part that you need

although its not just the dial thats for sale.

https://www.car-transplants.co.uk/parts-breaking/details/lexus-is-hybrid-2013-on-300-sport-dual-vvt-i-centre-console-and-driving-controls/-/28508

By the console, take the cap off, put what’s left on eBay to recover a large part of the cost. 

I'm sure I've read somewhere a while back (probably on this forum) of someone replacing a knob on an early is300h with the later version which I think is metal rather than plastic. This would suggest the knob may be available as a single part 

I hoped it was something similar to consumer electronics knob, but it' s not; you could ask to your dealer to find the exact number for single item, or try finding by yourself giving a look to Lexus tech site paying for a time limited access and, once found , order it to a Lexus dealer.

hi

have you checked around the seat base incase the cover has come off and fallen down the side of the seat,

failing the above i would probably get some glass fibre filler and have a go at making a top for the dial and

then spray paint or wrap it to make it blend in if the part isnt available from lexus.

My first port of call will be Lexus in the morning, if as expecting it is a crazy price or i have to buy half the dash ill try some scrap yards, i searched the car high and low but there is no sign of the original cap. Its an eyesore to be honest. First world problems eh

I thought it was worse than that - that the textured ring had come off and you were left with something with a metal stalk like:

13253-01__79388.jpg

As mentioned, are you sure it's not down the side between a seat?

I'd consider leaving it for that cost, or trying to make something myself that fits. Not worth spending any serious money on it anyway!

If Lexus price will be ridiculous (it will be) or aftermarket try to sell you half of dash (they will), in worst case scenario try different approach maybe - drive to any all-purpose mechanical workshop in your area, workshop with lathes and stuff, show them the knob, and tell them "I want 1mm nice aluminium or stainless steel circle here". It could be cheap as chips and fit the purpose.

BTW if it would be mine problem, probably I use this as an opportunity, and I will finish this in glossy true wood. Or with some funny or meaning insert or sign. Or in piece of carbord and silvertape. Depending of my laziness level on particular day.

6 hours ago, Zotto said:

I hoped it was something similar to consumer electronics knob, but it' s not; you could ask to your dealer to find the exact number for single item, or try finding by yourself giving a look to Lexus tech site paying for a time limited access and, once found , order it to a Lexus dealer.

Single item isn't available. You can see here that 84970-xxxxx is a complete sub assembly

https://lexus.7zap.com/en/eu/lexus+is/242530/ave30r-aexlhw/4/8401/84e283/#84970

23 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Single item isn't available. You can see here that 84970-xxxxx is a complete sub assembly

https://lexus.7zap.com/en/eu/lexus+is/242530/ave30r-aexlhw/4/8401/84e283/#84970

Well thats that then, ill ask the price for the fun of it, scrap yard it is then. Thanks for the info Colin

What about 3D printing? There are lots of search results on the internet, for example this one called Print My Part

There's  a link on this website to someone who will do the design too.

It looks a simple part to replicate. From your picture it looks as though it fixes with a pin in the centre. I'm assuming the bit that's in your photograph still clicks and turns, so the cap is just cosmetic. Some 3D printers will produce parts in aluminium or you could choose some other finish.

39 minutes ago, Thackeray said:

What about 3D printing? There are lots of search results on the internet, for example this one called Print My Part

There's  a link on this website to someone who will do the design too.

It looks a simple part to replicate. From your picture it looks as though it fixes with a pin in the centre. I'm assuming the bit that's in your photograph still clicks and turns, so the cap is just cosmetic. Some 3D printers will produce parts in aluminium or you could choose some other finish.

Yes purely cosmetic, as an update i have managed to source a centre console section from a scrapped car, presumably these caps are all the same size, will update when i receive/fit.

Thanks all for the suggestions and info.

On a seperate note does anyone know if ghe f sport scuff plates will fit other IS300h varients?

37 minutes ago, Thackeray said:

What about 3D printing?

What about lathe? (sorry, I am a bit seek of this 3D hype). In this case, any workshop with lathe and aluminium rod will be 5x faster, 5x cheaper and makes in solid aluminium. 3D printing could be a solution, but for really complex parts and if you have an example or proper digital model. In normal case, you know, lathe, mill, even oldschool file and vice enough for 99% parts, like last 100yrs.

3 hours ago, Adrian 300H said:

On a seperate note does anyone know if ghe f sport scuff plates will fit other IS300h varients?

I believe so yes. Not 100% sure but the illuminated scuff plate accessories fit all models so that implies the fittings are the same for all grades.

6 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I believe so yes. Not 100% sure but the illuminated scuff plate accessories fit all models so that implies the fittings are the same for all grades.

here is a link for illuminated scuff plates, although i think they are over priced

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Lexus-Illuminated-Scuff-Plates-2013-Present-PT94253140-/262591977826

2 minutes ago, 200h said:

here is a link for illuminated scuff plates, although i think they are over priced

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Lexus-Illuminated-Scuff-Plates-2013-Present-PT94253140-/262591977826

Wow, overpriced is right, ill go with the non illuminated f sport ones.

Now to get a GS300h gear knob (same fitment apparantly)