Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Required (IS300H)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232754651556

I just bought these. I will be Fitting next week.

Anyone know if the is300h has the connector (but unused on some models as I thinks it’s optional) for the milliwave radar that sits behind the badge at the front.

so far I have bought and fitted Sat nav unit (the car didn’t have sat nav - but my is220d had it so was a must) and updated the ecu to find then utilise it. I’ve fixed Tpms issues with techstream and re-seeded the ecu‘ so I could add a second key bought off eBay.

Turning into a project than a buy and drive lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just as an update i got the part in the post yesterday and fitted it, nice easy fit so all is good now. It was a second hand part so had some small scratching but better than paying hundreds to Lexus. Thanks all for the suggestions. 

20180804_093817.jpg

• Like 2

Part was £20 that was the whole assembly.. I believe I sold Adrian this part lol.. I bought a brand new assembly as someone from Lexus (prior buying this ex demo car) superglued a thin part of the trim as it was removed incorrectly.. it bugged me and was too late to point it out when I bought the car cos I didn't notice it.. D'oh

Yeah thats me, cheers Andrew, how much did lexus charge for the new assembly? All i needed was the cap so i couldnt justify spending silly money. I have the assembly (less the cap obviously) if anyone ever needs one. Oh and the scuff plates look great too!!!

2 hours ago, Adrian 300H said:

Yeah thats me, cheers Andrew, how much did lexus charge for the new assembly? All i needed was the cap so i couldnt justify spending silly money. I have the assembly (less the cap obviously) if anyone ever needs one. Oh and the scuff plates look great too!!!

For the complete switch I was looking at around 160 quid which I had no choice as you can see some monkey at lexus broke the trim and couldn't get seperately. Glad you got it sorted 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232754651556

I just bought these. I will be Fitting next week.

Anyone know if the is300h has the connector (but unused on some models as I thinks it’s optional) for the milliwave radar that sits behind the badge at the front.

so far I have bought and fitted Sat nav unit (the car didn’t have sat nav - but my is220d had it so was a must) and updated the ecu to find then utilise it. I’ve fixed Tpms issues with techstream and re-seeded the ecu‘ so I could add a second key bought off eBay.

Turning into a project than a buy and drive lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ianhu,
How did the install of the illuminated part go?
Also, have you ever investigated retrofitting power memory seats?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Hi.

The parts haven't arrived yet since I live in the UK and had to order them from USA.

Courier tracking states they will be here this week but not sure when. When they do arrive i will be on the job.

At the moment working on remote start project, since us UK people can't have enform and remote start from lexus in the UK for some reason. So I will build my own.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ianhu said:

At the moment working on remote start project, since us UK people can't have enform and remote start from lexus in the UK for some reason. So I will build my own. 

Really interested in hearing about how this goes. Keep us all posted please!

I've taken a punt and ordered these!
Probably be terrible, but for 50 quid, worth a gamble.
Of course it'll be the bones of a month before they arrive from china

https://www.wish.com/product/2-pcs-car-welcome-pedal-door--twinkling-and-flowing-lights-for-lexus-is-2013-2015--es-2013-2014-56f54952f6aaf86717e6e0e9

The link itself is enough to put me off.  Invites me to sign up via various google, facebook etc. before it'll let me view the product.  Not for me on that basis alone.
I buy a bit of stuff from wish. Actually one of the more reputable Chinese sellers.
Because I'm registered i didn't get the pop ups.
Here's the white light one I ordered. They come in red and blue too25b5fcb14c40cd77c5115e7344c189b5.jpg

7 hours ago, gnoxmindeater said:

I buy a bit of stuff from wish. Actually one of the more reputable Chinese sellers.
Because I'm registered i didn't get the pop ups.
Here's the white light one I ordered. They come in red and blue too25b5fcb14c40cd77c5115e7344c189b5.jpg

O.K. Can anyone pronounce the name of the seller ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C Mclean said:

O.K. Can anyone pronounce the name of the seller ??

Call them "Under the Cypress Technology Ltd", they will get it 😁

On 8/7/2018 at 10:08 PM, gnoxmindeater said:

I've taken a punt and ordered these!
Probably be terrible, but for 50 quid, worth a gamble.
Of course it'll be the bones of a month before they arrive from china

https://www.wish.com/product/2-pcs-car-welcome-pedal-door--twinkling-and-flowing-lights-for-lexus-is-2013-2015--es-2013-2014-56f54952f6aaf86717e6e0e9

mine have just turned up today ,i need to extend the supplied cables then i will fit them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They look fantastic !

Please let me know the wiring config when you figure it out. Not sure where to splice them into.

Wish is saying another 3 weeks before mine arrive

mine have just turned up today ,i need to extend the supplied cables then i will fit them

i fitted them this evening, i took the feeds from the footwell lights

red wire = earth

blue wire = +12v

below is a video of them fitted ,it was hard to take a good video as they are really shinny

and had loads of reflections.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i fitted them this evening, i took the feeds from the footwell lights
red wire = earth
blue wire = +12v
below is a video of them fitted ,it was hard to take a good video as they are really shinny
and had loads of reflections.

They look really cool!
Where in the wiring loom
did you splice them into? Was it the same as in the YouTube video linked above?

i went straight to the 2 wires that go into the floor lighting

remove the under panel below the glovebox and above the pedals,

the panel on the passenger side is held in with a few clips

the panel on the drivers side is held in place with 2 screws

disconnect the plug from the light and you will see the 2 wires

just tap into these.

here is a video of the lights in the dark.

these lights cost me £64 ,

£29 for the lights

£32 for dhl posting (received in 4 days )

£3 import duty

• Like 1