Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Simply Japanese

@FTBBCVoodoo Well done Lee..... ah the great British weather if we're not cooking in the sun week after week we're near to drowning 🙄

Some nice new and old motors there, thanx for the pics....... of course our weather at Kemble was absolutely fabulous.......🤥

🐀

• Like 1

Love the old trio of Toyotas!

Crown - Celica Liftback - Cressida or Corona? Correct me if I am wrong.

I bought my first Toyota, 1974 Carina, from a chap who bought the Liftback as a replacement.

Also love the Datsun 260Z

• Like 1

My father had a brand new Corona in 1975 followed by a new Cressida Estate in 1978. Happy childhood memories...but I can't see either in those photos. I can see what looks like a lowered Crown and a couple of Celicas though...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

My father had a brand new Corona in 1975 followed by a new Cressida Estate in 1978. Happy childhood memories...but I can't see either in those photos. I can see what looks like a lowered Crown and a couple of Celicas though...

The one on the right is an estate so can't be a Celica. I think it is a Cressida around 1977 vintage - other will enlighten I hope!

Hi Guys,

As Lee said we met at the Simply Japanese today, boy was it cold, wet and windy, but there were some cracking cars there, not least 3 ISFs (2 in black) plus I spotted a blue lurking in a separate part of the display area. I've attached some photos of cars I saw that Lee hasn't already posted. If the weather had been a little more cooperative, or perhaps if I had dressed like it was mid December, rather than mid summer it would have been a fabulous day out. Need to have a word with the organisers to ensure they don't hold the event next year on the same day a Kemble meet: I'd like to go to both!

2018-07-29 09.38.45.jpg

2018-07-29_11_55_41.jpg

2018-07-29_11_56_23.jpg

2018-07-29 11.58.37.jpg

2018-07-29_12_00_30.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/29/2018 at 9:18 PM, emjay82 said:

Some good pics there, shame about the weather. Looks like a good event. 👍 

Yes, what a shame the event was a bit of a damp firework.