Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mobile App for remote lock/unlock

Hi

It has been bugging me for a while and I have searched everywhere. Is there any app for Lexus RX Premier to lock/unlock the car from your mobile?

Seems they have this in US - but I could not find anything for UK. I have downloaded "My Lexus" but I find it pretty useless. 

I asked the dealer, and he was confident there is an app...and asked me to fully register "my lexus" with media details etc. but nothing about remote control of your car, like they do flawlessly in BMW.

Many Thanks

What? A mobile app to unlock a car door?????. That is pure bonkers. 

What's wrong with simply walking up to your car and opening it by hand?

**** they'll be developing an app to wipe your ***** next rofl 

• Haha 2

On 7/30/2018 at 4:14 PM, Megatron said:

Hi

It has been bugging me for a while and I have searched everywhere. Is there any app for Lexus RX Premier to lock/unlock the car from your mobile?

Seems they have this in US - but I could not find anything for UK. I have downloaded "My Lexus" but I find it pretty useless. 

I asked the dealer, and he was confident there is an app...and asked me to fully register "my lexus" with media details etc. but nothing about remote control of your car, like they do flawlessly in BMW.

Many Thanks

No there isnt. In the US Lexus have a bigger customer base and the Enform system has better functionality 

your absolutely right Mr Vlad and there will probably be a queue of people lining up to buy one (excluding me,not interested)does make you wonder what next - possibly anything lol 😁 

On 7/30/2018 at 4:14 PM, Megatron said:

The car has no built-in Internet connectivity so isn't technically possible. 

The answer is "no". I have wifi hotspot and it works well (even if only in 3G), but to have  connected services you need a cell phone with DUN protocol. There is also a DUN app emulation in android google market (BlueDUN) that can solve the problem if your android phone does not work, but I don't use it so after trial time I did not buy the app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Would the optional WiFi Hotspot device facilitate the required connection?

http://blog.lexus.co.uk/hotspot-brings-wifi-to-your-lexus/

No, as it is really just a MiFi fitted as an accessory independent to the vehicle. It doesn't integrate with the vehicle at all. And as the vehicle doesn't have a factory fitted 3G/4G Internet connection there are no built-in services that would make use of such a thing.

In the US they have a completely different system, and have had it in one form or another for years. You get remote diagnostics, door unlocking, engine remote start, emergency assist / auto collision notification to emergency services etc.

I think I knew the answer already.

I can't fathom why this is North America only. Why not in the EU?

Mercedes has it's Mercedes Me remote app. Lexus is missing a trick here...

3 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Would the optional WiFi Hotspot device facilitate the required connection?

http://blog.lexus.co.uk/hotspot-brings-wifi-to-your-lexus/

You can get the same functionality as this £370 Lexus accessory by using a TP-LINK M7350 V4 4G LTE MiF currently £60 on amazon and this is a 4G device. Mine works a treat and isn't fixed to car so can come with me.

John

• Like 1