Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Two RcF Carbons come on Sale Today

I see from the Lexus site that two RcF Carbons have appeared, Lexus Hatfield have a Red one an 'X' Lexus demo press car with about 17k miles on a 15 plate, and Lexus Chester have a Mercury Grey one on a 65 plate with 45k miles.

No pictures as of yet the Mercury grey one should be a real looker.

Big Rat

• Like 4

I wouldn't touch the red one.

The grey one however is interesting. Despite the very high mileage, this is as rare as they come - one of one Mercury grey Carbon Editions (as far as I know).

The price seems very low from a Lexus dealer - especially as there are not many RC-F's out there right now. Strange......

Think they just struggle to sell them much like they do with all f cars. 

Folk are just VERY bought in to the m4 and c63 cars and the rcf doesn’t get a look in. Looked just now and the rcf is only 340lbs heavier than the dct m4. That’s nothing in cars these sizes. Also the m4 and c63 are more tunable so while they can’t lay down the power at all its bragging rights with hp stats.

• Like 1

Yes the 'F'  range are a difficult sell, to the uninitiated, personally I love that element of exclusivity, exiting a roundabout only the day before yesterday into a section of road with 4 lanes to join the M5 in seconds I noticed a C63 a pair of C43 an Rs6, all fine cars in their own right but....... well you get my point.

So anyway as regards these two Carbons I've checked my photo Archive and found this picture and some information regarding the red car, with that mileage I personally would consider it I have no information it was used other than press staging stills work and dealer demo.

IMG_0668.thumb.PNG.b1d565ff908fdac5ef5f324661f0b502.PNG

Cant find a picture of the Grey car but I know the private reg on it is RD07 TES and it was part exed for a New LC. 

The mieage is appropriate for the year which it many ways is a good thing, all cars need regular exercise........😏

And maybe the dealer has just reflected this in the price........ nothing strange in that........ other than it must be a world first for a dealer to do that 😂

Big Rat

• Like 2

I used to own a bright red Alfa 147GTA, since then I'd never really had the urge for another red car.  In fact, when I got the RCF, red wasn't even on my list of options until I saw one.  The sonic red (though a pain to maintain) is, in my opinion at least, awesome looking in the sunshine - way better than it looks in pictures. 

That said, I don't really get it on a carbon.  I find the marked contrast to the bonnet a bit jarring.  A grey one though, that looks pretty sweet, but to each his own!

• Like 3

I think the red looks better in the flesh although the grey would be my choice were I to buy one, the mileage wouldn't put me off, because as we know they don't go wrong.

Grey Carbon was listed for a while, at least a week or so now, but no pictures for some reason. 

As well it was listed as 33590 or 490 in the beginning, apparently appreciated by just over a £1500 in less than a week, at such rate it will reach 1 million by the end of year.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see the grey carbon one at Lexus Chester but it sold the same day it arrived with the dealer, guy who bought it didn’t even test drive. It was in good nick apart from slight bump on near side front wing where previous owner had misjudged a barrier. Fantastic colour for the car. I’ve ended up buying a white carbon rcf. Pick it up Saturday. 😊

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I went to see the grey carbon one at Lexus Chester but it sold the same day it arrived with the dealer, guy who bought it didn’t even test drive. It was in good nick apart from slight bump on near side front wing where previous owner had misjudged a barrier. Fantastic colour for the car. I’ve ended up buying a white carbon rcf. Pick it up Saturday. 😊

Didn’t the grey one have stellar mileage?

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:24 PM, Stuno1 said:

Non carbon with low miles are in budget. Just need the carbon cars to come down a touch now and in white or blue please car gods! 

White looks so much better in my opinion, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at the right car in blue.

• Haha 1

The white one had the plate TH15 RCF last time I saw it. Did you get that with it?

Also the wheels were badly kerbed; I hope they refurbished them before they sold it to you?

4 hours ago, MNMJ said:

The white one had the plate TH15 RCF last time I saw it. Did you get that with it?

Also the wheels were badly kerbed; I hope they refurbished them before they sold it to you?

Don’t think it was the same one you have seen, it did have a private reg on it but not that one.  Wheels needed a bit of TLC but not too bad. Ours is from Wakefield? 

27 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Just in case anyone is interested an Azure Blue one (non carbon) has come up for sale at Lexus Ipswich. Price is lower than usual.... no photos yet.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201808189633277

I consider that high mileage. For many these will be weekend cars and mileage is a massive killer to re-sale. For a 2015 car I won’t be buying (if I can help it) a car with higher than 15k miles. 

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

Just in case anyone is interested an Azure Blue one (non carbon) has come up for sale at Lexus Ipswich. Price is lower than usual.... no photos yet.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201808189633277

It’s very cheap but it is the low power version.

8EF83CA1-92CB-417E-B554-F8D3F5D474FB.jpeg

• Haha 1

Ahhh yes that makes sense for the price now. 

36 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

It’s very cheap but it is the low power version.

8EF83CA1-92CB-417E-B554-F8D3F5D474FB.jpeg

Ah yes that makes sense for the price now. 

2 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

I consider that high mileage. For many these will be weekend cars and mileage is a massive killer to re-sale. For a 2015 car I won’t be buying (if I can help it) a car with higher than 15k miles. 

😀

I'm estimating that there are around six white RC-F Carbon editions in the UK. I suspect most of those would be over the 15K mark. At any one time, there's probably zero for sale. You are going to spend a long time hitting the refresh button on www.autotrader.co.uk 😉

@Nikki have you got your new car yet?