Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How much of an impact will the ES have on GS used prices?

I'm tempted to buy either a GS300h or a GS450h.

I'm in no mad rush and am therefore interested in how the release of the ES (early next year?) is going to impact prices of used GS vehicles.

Love to hear your thoughts? 👍

Not easy to determine the effects of ES arrival to European market to used GS prices. At the moment I see my GS in a superior segment comparing it to ES, but it seems that ES is "better" as new model; nonetheless there are some differences in levels and no 3.5 V6 engine, and this could be a problem for someone planning to trade in his 450h for an ES.

GS will be a "rare" car, and this means difficult to sell but also that seller can ask a higher price.

There is also another difference about full optional version "premier". At the moment it seems ES 300h will be sold also in FSport sauce, and that ONLY that one will have active dampers, while the premier (luxury?) will have other nice features but NO active dampers (no SPORT+ setting on mode selector). If so, the top version "premier" in GS300h is something "better" than "sport" one, while in new ES 300h it will be simply "different" .

And all these doubts without talking about FWD and RWD.

For sure new ES will have so many features non comparable to GS  to leave space for a interesting market in used GS.

• Like 1

There is hardly a market for used GS es other than afficionados i dont expect anyone buying them. especially the 450 represents great value now, a very underrated car in my opinion.

in the states pricing for the ES has just been announced and it is below the GS and just above the IS. It seems the IS will be more at risk here as the GS is already gone.

As the GS is no longer on offer i expect pricing to fall further, especially the 450.

• Like 1