Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got no luck with this topic in the newbie section...so here goes again.

Will IS250 wheels fit on an ISF? I know some have put the ISF wheels on their IS - but I'm unsure if the offset is the same, etc.

I have the below Bola's on my IS, would love to shift them over when I eventually buy an ISF

42842243325_a75e2ed4fd_o.jpg

42842242685_491e777c3c_o.jpg

43698427382_60c5877eb9_o.jpg

43746781591_eafa7bd792_o.jpg

Thanks in advance

To begin with - asking in the right section would help.... (Your Lexus is mk2 and this is mk3 section) 😄 

Secondly... I guess you mean - would IS-F wheels would fit IS250, not the other way around?! Unless you mean you will eventually shift IS250 for IS-F and you want to fit Bola wheels on it?!

Yes IS-F wheels will fit (pretty certain better then generic Bola you currently have), however the tyres will be very close to rubbing on the front (on full lock). Ideally you should go one profile down on fronts and if you really want to keep all to spec. rear as well (but good luck finding such profile tyres).

One tip - you might need to consider lowering car for it to look right on IS-F wheels or any 19's + for that matter. Didn't realise this myself before I fitted mk3 18inch and realised how much taller the car "looks" (even though the height increased only by few millimetres) .

Haha, yeah I noticed shortly after posting that I'd put it in the wrong section - I assumed it'd get moved by an Admin.

Anyway, I mean precisely what I asked - will these fit the ISF. Good job opinions are subjective! I do like the stock ISF wheels, but I prefer these - I'm certainly not a brand snob, so whether these are Bola or HRE makes no difference to me 🙂

The tyres are just some cheapo efforts that came with the wheels, they do the job for now - but I'd go Pilot 4's if they do go on an ISF. I'd also be getting some coilovers for the ISF as the ride would be absolutely horrible on the pot hole/speed bump filled roads near me. I'd want the adjustability.

It isn't very clear from description either..... anyway

To begin with these wheels are not IS250 wheels, so to answer your question I would need to know what specific sizes and offsets they are.

If we would assume, that your current wheels have exact same dimensions as stock Lexus IS250 18 inch wheels then they should fit IS-F. The only worry is clearance of front calipers, but to my knowledge 18 Inch Lexus wheels clears IS-F calipers, that is because they are same wheels as fitted to IS350 which has just as big calipers in the front.

Have you actually seen IS-F on 18 inch wheels?!. I though it looked little bit odd...

How much clearer can "IS250 wheels on an ISF?" possible be?  🤣

Regarding the size/fitment: They're stock fitment for an IS250. The only anomaly is that they're staggered, but again, this is stock sizing. I could get spacers made up by a friend with a lathe if there's clearance issues with the calipers.

Suppose it'd have to be trial and error on whether 18" is fine for the ISF - a quick bit of eyeballing would suggest the ISF doesn't have widly larger arches, though. But I stand to be corrected.

Yeah... maybe a I was tired or maybe because it doesn't really makes sense - reading again it is as clear as it gets 😄

IS250 OEM 18" wheels are staggered as well, IS-F wheel wheels are staggered. IS250 18 inch wheels fit IS-F, so as long as you wheels are to the spec. they should fit as well. 

• Like 1

The widths & offsets on the Bola wheels are probably OK. It'll all depend on how much space is actually available inside the wheel.

Some OEM Lexus 18" wheels clear ISF brakes, and some don't even though they have the same physical sizes (8Jx18 +45 / 8.5Jx18 +50). The reason for the variance is because some of the wheel designs have this stepped lip which makes the internal diameter of them too small.

DSC03594a.jpg.50e735f5a2ad03d78debcf87c4495a2e.jpg

Thanks J, interesting to know.

The Bola's don't come through in the pictures properly, there's quite a bit of space inside there due to the way the spokes move out from the center cap area. Also no inner lip, etc. I think it'll be OK.

Now...just need to make a decision on whether the 2011 onwards ISF is really worth a near additional £10k over a 2008....is there a really good, in depth fact thread on the updates and variations?

I believe there were few revisions of IS-F suspension, but you would need somebody from IS-F forum to confirm.

Basically 2008-2009 cars had harsher ride, if I am correct 2010 suspension was slightly re-balanced and it is more compliant on rough roads and 2011 had cosmetic upgrades mostly.

I personally, would get the cheapest available IS-F provided it has full service history and generally in good condition, would not bother with mileage.

Seems this is the go-to thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/774838-is-f-year-differences-reference.html

Decided a 2012 is the earliest I'd want to go, as it seems to have all the revisions and improvements, yet be at a somewhat sensible price point. Found a particularly nice red one for £24k, don't think that's too bad!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201806247794810?sort=sponsored&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&radius=1501&advertising-location=at_cars&make=LEXUS&postcode=se85qt&model=IS F&page=1

Everyone to their own.. Just note - US IS-F might have have completely different upgrades and revisions then UK IS-Fs, so I suggest not to confuse the too.

I would add that if you planning to run it on 18 wheels, then relative harshness of suspension will not be an issue for you.

I know people mean well when helping out but know wheel and how they work is key 

wheels are all about the off set 

is 250 is a 42 off set ,114.5 hole centre, 8j on the standard is 

this is the same all along the Lexus range ,Gs is ls 

off set starts at 42 to 38 which is the max you can do with out adjustments 

anything more adjustments is needed 

1st thing I would say is NO to spacers 

42 off is standard and the wheels fit more into the wheel arch 

40 would bring them out and make it look a lot better and no mods needed , no rubbing 

38 bring the farther out and the 1st changes are needed (camber adjustments)

if you don’t do this you find steering pulls on uneven roads etc 

dont want to go no farther than this 

anything else suspension work is needed

in short stick to 42 to 40 off sets and you fine 

finding your off st on your wheels 

remove wheel and the width and off set are stamped on the back 

nice and easy 

I’ve got my is250 , on 40 off set with 8.5 j width 19” and the rear a 40 off set 10j width 19 with no rubbing problems 

I’m also running 235 /35/19 tyres on the front and 275 /35/19 on the rear 

Yeah, realise the offset plays a major part. It's actually stamped on the outside on my wheels! I've forgotten the number, though, but I believe it's identical to the stock multispokes that came on the car from factory. Will check tonight!