Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I was all set to buy the LS600H at Lexus Stoke when someone else put down a deposit prior to my visit early this week. If you snooze you loose!

Anyway, it got me thinking (and looking) at other options and I found this:

https://stockport.usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/GS-450h/35-Premier-pbbp4vk just up the road from me in Stockport. 

TBH, I don't really need a big car like a LS (and the boot was tiny and putting me off anyway). This seems like a better option all round. Had a chat with the garage this morning and they have their 2 for 1 deal on warranties so I could get a 3 year Lexus main dealer warranty on the car for an extra £1095. Car is a one owner, with a full Lexus service history from Manchester and then Stockport dealers. 

Good deal - obviously with a bit of haggling? What's a realistic price do you think?

Or should I be looking elsewhere now with the discontinuation of the GS (discussed elsewhere)?

8 minutes ago, jpjsavage said:

I was all set to buy the LS600H at Lexus Stoke when someone else put down a deposit prior to my visit early this week. If you snooze you loose!

Anyway, it got me thinking (and looking) at other options and I found this:

https://stockport.usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/GS-450h/35-Premier-pbbp4vk just up the road from me in Stockport. 

TBH, I don't really need a big car like a LS (and the boot was tiny and putting me off anyway). This seems like a better option all round. Had a chat with the garage this morning and they have their 2 for 1 deal on warranties so I could get a 3 year Lexus main dealer warranty on the car for an extra £1095. Car is a one owner, with a full Lexus service history from Manchester and then Stockport dealers. 

Good deal - obviously with a bit of haggling? What's a realistic price do you think?

Or should I be looking elsewhere now with the discontinuation of the GS (discussed elsewhere)?

Seems to me Jon, that you do not know what you want and you are asking us to choose for you. LS600h, LS400/430, NOW GS450h

The GS is a great car with a small boot and not suited for carrying musical equipment.

Take a piece of paper and list all of the MUST HAVES, along with your maximum budget.

A CT 200h with a Hatch and folding rear seats will do you nicely ?

It's the joy of a shared journey of discovery along with the wisdom of the crowd! I appreciate all comments and advice. But at the end of it all, I'll make my own choice - just as it should be :).

In terms of other cars, the LS600H at Stoke looked amazing and may still come into the reckoning depending on what happens later this week. I've never been inside a GS450H or experienced what the CVT is like but the reports online say that whilst it takes some getting used to it is amazing. End of the day, I have to drive a lot more over the next few years as my daughter's swimming career develops and I can't do that in an ageing Honda. If I can get bits of musical equipment in the car one way or the other that's a bonus but I can alway use the wife's car for that ;). 

I LOVE my GS 300h, and if you like a fast car and if you are  not worried for  LS mpg, GS 450h is wonderful even if a bit more fuel thirsty compared to a hybrid with 2.4 4 cylinders.

LS is a great car, but something more suited for people that like to stay on rear seat with someone else driving 😉

At the moment I am waiting to try in September new ES 300h, but I am not so sure I will change my GS Premier.

Hi Jonathan others have commented on the unqiue accelaration of the GS450H which cannot be experienced in any other marque.

The earlier GS450Hs have a lot of weak spots such as shock absorbers, Battery cells etc etc.

The newer ones seem to be more reliable or atleast there has been no reports of the above.

Go for a test drive a see what you think - shame you didnt get to test drive the LS600H otherwise you could make a comparison.

The premier is Top spec - I think Head up Display came a little later

If I ever upgrade it would be either LS600H or GS450H.

Good Luck