Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cracked Drivers Side Mirror!....Arrrrgghhhh

I wanted to replace my puddle lights on IS250 14 plate F Sport with LED's! I completed the interior ones no probs even brought the propper tools not to damage the plastic surrounds! I had a couple of Led's left over for the puddle lights, at the time I thought, I leave it for another day. Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months.............I pondered for ages and ages about the pitfalls of doing this particular job, yourself, even watched quite a few youtube vids! and I knew I shouldn't of done it, but something in the back of my head kept saying..........."Go on son it's a easy job course you can do it, just flip out the mirror no probs", ...........anyway my conscience got the better of me......." yeah why not get this job done!" .........mirror came out fine no probs. I thought to myself "What you worrying about".........then when replacing the mirror back, must have put a bit too much pressure on it.........thought i was being really gentle........ know what happens next.....yup.........cracked the mirror!..............................price from Lexus Reading for replacement £322!!!!.....Whats the deal with Lexus not being able to give you the part number??....The chap on the other end of the line said they are not allowed to give it???.......F.F.S!.........I'm sure theres a saying that says if it aint broke..............:wallbash::wallbash:.

Now looking on eBay for breakers yards that may have a replacement in VGC.

2 hours ago, jayson said:

I wanted to replace my puddle lights on IS250 14 plate F Sport with LED's! I completed the interior ones no probs even brought the propper tools not to damage the plastic surrounds! I had a couple of Led's left over for the puddle lights, at the time I thought, I leave it for another day. Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months.............I pondered for ages and ages about the pitfalls of doing this particular job, yourself, even watched quite a few youtube vids! and I knew I shouldn't of done it, but something in the back of my head kept saying..........."Go on son it's a easy job course you can do it, just flip out the mirror no probs", ...........anyway my conscience got the better of me......." yeah why not get this job done!" .........mirror came out fine no probs. I thought to myself "What you worrying about".........then when replacing the mirror back, must have put a bit too much pressure on it.........thought i was being really gentle........ know what happens next.....yup.........cracked the mirror!..............................price from Lexus Reading for replacement £322!!!!.....Whats the deal with Lexus not being able to give you the part number??....The chap on the other end of the line said they are not allowed to give it???.......F.F.S!.........I'm sure theres a saying that says if it aint broke..............:wallbash::wallbash:.

Now looking on ebay for breakers yards that may have a replacement in VGC.

Most dealers won't give you a part number. VAG don't either. 

I'm not surprised it's exoensive. Probably just get hold of it from a breaker. Only IS,RC and GS ones will fit

• Thanks 1

That is tragic. My daughter once broke a mirror on a cora and I bought a replacement. Got out of my car and walked towards the house. CRASH it dropped out of the box onto the ground... My sympathies are with you (I have never tampered with a mirror since). 

For a defined part number use Lexus EU Tech docs, enter VIN number and goto the EPC section. This should verify the part numbers. (Have to pay to have access)

Then goto Amayama.com and check the price - shipped from JPN is around £200 quid - then you have the pleasure of Parcelfarce UK charging VAT and handling. Still cheaper than UK prices..

Part number for my fsport WITH seat memory (2016 reg) is image.png.fa6ef9649be2a856f241f286d4412bde.png

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links