Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sad end to a Carbon RcF

Noby hasn't considered the possibility that someone has another car with winters on. Covering all his concerns, while keeping salt of the nice car. In fact some cars are cheaper than a set of decent tyres.

It's also not practical to start and defrost a 5ltr in the winter for a 6 mile commute.

He also doesn't realise not all cars are financed.

Well, there's a lot he doesn't realise so I'm not surprised at this most recent demonstration of cognitive deficit.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Or narrow minded thinking...

As well one doesn't need to be showing off to write-off car in winter... S*it happens. Look at last winter, we had few days with snow and there were over 10000 crashes during that period. Not all the cars were RWD 470HP and on summer tyres, the simple truth British drivers and road maintenance are not prepared for winters, because of how few winter days we have and when it snows it always causes havoc.  

• Like 1

let's see the 

13 minutes ago, Comedian said:

goes to show the sort of person you are to think it makes sense to pay cash for a car like the RCF outright considering the depreciation.  What a Numpty!!

17 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Noby hasn't considered the possibility that someone has another car with winters on. Covering all his concerns, while keeping salt of the nice car. In fact some cars are cheaper than a set of decent tyres.

It's also not practical to start and defrost a 5ltr in the winter for a 6 mile commute.

Well, there's a lot he doesn't realise so I'm not surprised at this most recent demonstration of cognitive deficit.

Good point. I used to use my ISF as a daily and on occasion take my son to nursery etc, so I got an extra set of wheels and some winter tyres. Peace of mind but very rarely did they make a difference apart from a few days. I've now got a second cheap daily runner, front wheel drive which will be used Mon-Fri and in bad weather. Will sling some winters on that which will be much cheaper. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ala Larj said:

If you can afford to pay cash you can probably afford the depreciation!

Thanks but no thanks even Warren Buffet won't side with you on this... why burn you money in broad day light??

2 minutes ago, noby76 said:

Thanks but no thanks even Warren Buffet won't side with you on this... why burn you money in broad day light??

I agree. Better to do at night - it's much prettier!

😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, noby76 said:

Are you saying - basically only an idiot can buy RC-F or any newish expensive car?

The sad truth is that any new car will rapidly depreciate regardless of how you pay for it, so if you want one you have to live with that! It doesn't make any difference whenever you going to finance it or pay cash. Even more so you have to pay interest on your lease, so buying outright if you can afford it makes more sense... according to Warren Buffet!

• Like 4

let's see the 
goes to show the sort of person you are to think it makes sense to pay cash for a car like the RCF outright considering the depreciation.  What a Numpty!!

You do realise interest plus depreciation equals a bigger loss?

3 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Don't forget to add £2000 for winter tyre set every other season... because otherwise - "what sort of person you are"?!

• Like 1

Not forgetting telling people who own and run the car how they should be running it - sheeesh

21 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Are you saying - basically only an idiot can buy RC-F or any newish expensive car?

Yes... why buy new when you can buy a car that has suffered majority of depreciation? 

8 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Yes that's why i wont finance/lease a new car.. i am very happy buying ones ine good condition that have done majority of their depreciating...

I would rather invest my £30-£50k spare cash in these cars  .... as they are guaranteed to appreciate in value over some years.. infact one can buy one of these hold out for a few months then put it back on sale and could easily profit huge without doing anything .. not soo much for an RCF!!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201807178532631?advertising-location=at_cars&make=FERRARI&price-to=50000&price-from=27500&postcode=b185jh&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=sponsored&radius=200&page=1

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201807268812879?price-from=27500&sort=sponsored&postcode=b185jh&advertising-location=at_cars&make=HONDA&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&price-to=50000&model=NSX&radius=200&page=1

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

9 minutes ago, noby76 said:

Yes... why buy new when you can buy a car that has suffered majority of depreciation? 

Yes that's why i wont finance/lease a new car.. i am very happy buying ones ine good condition that have done majority of their depreciating...

I would rather invest my £30-£50k spare cash in these cars  .... as they are guaranteed to appreciate in value over some years.. infact one can buy one of these hold out for a few months then put it back on sale and could easily profit huge without doing anything .. not soo much for an RCF!!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201807178532631?advertising-location=at_cars&make=FERRARI&price-to=50000&price-from=27500&postcode=b185jh&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=sponsored&radius=200&page=1

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201807268812879?price-from=27500&sort=sponsored&postcode=b185jh&advertising-location=at_cars&make=HONDA&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&price-to=50000&model=NSX&radius=200&page=1

OK - these cars may depreciate less - maybe even gain a few pounds in value. I've now owned two F cars and neither have cost me a penny (outside of tyres, brakes etc). Running and servicing a Ferrari -  different ball game. No way could you use it like you can an F and expect no issues! Even something like an NSX (which has got an amazing reliability record) could end up costing you large!

NSX - lovely car, and I would consider having one. This one however is an auto. Bottom of the collector's list.

Finally, as for buying cars cash..... why not? You know where you are and you don't pay interest. If you've already got ample investments in other areas and don't need free cash set aside, then why not buy a car cash?

Edit: Depreciation wise, many RC-Fs have already shed £s. a £65k car for £30k - not bad really is it. For that, you have a bullet proof NA V8, with traffic stopping looks and a modern cabin.

• Like 2

He's basing his arguments on incorrect assumptions. And while he 'would' buy the Ferrari. He hasn't. It's easy to invest dream money and far more difficult to risk real money due to our inbuilt emotional attachment to it.

Owning a car to make money is an entirely different proposition to owning one for driving.

@Flytvr of course these will be more of an investment rather than a daily car!! and every rich person i know or have been around always needs free cash trust me they are never satisfied with investments... so long as it wont drop to £15k in a years time then of course its worth it as the depreciating % value has stabilised..

2 minutes ago, Comedian said:

It's easy to invest dream money and far more difficult to risk real money due to our inbuilt emotional attachment to it.

says then one who doesn't know me or has never met me to know what i like to do with my real money... sorry comedian my real money wont be going towards and RCF for sure..

• Haha 1

And I wouldn't dream of trying to tell you what to do with it. In fact I have no opinion on it at all. It's not a competition.

23 minutes ago, noby76 said:

@Flytvr of course these will be more of an investment rather than a daily car!! and every rich person i know or have been around always needs free cash trust me they are never satisfied with investments... so long as it wont drop to £15k in a years time then of course its worth it as the depreciating % value has stabilised..

You are comparing incomparable items. An RC-F is not  an investment. It is an ultra reliable car that can be enjoyed. Your two 'classics' are completely different.

If you really want to invest £40k, buy some property,  play with the markets, etc etc. The low end Ferrari and the NSX are unlikely to make you big money percentage wise.  If you try to use them like an F car, chances are you'll be facing some big bills.

As for free money, those that buy a car cash will have already done the calculations prior to purchase, and will have ample funds free.

• Like 2

Forget the Ferrari and the NSX, property is a much better investment, particularly in South Buckinghamshire 👍. Call me, all proceeds will offset the depreciation on my ISF 👍 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Comedian said:

And I wouldn't dream of trying to tell you what to do with it. In fact I have no opinion on it at all. It's not a competition.

every man to his own...

4 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

You are comparing incomparable items. An RC-F is not  an investment. It is an ultra reliable car that can be enjoyed. Your two 'classics' are completely different.

If you really want to invest £40k, buy some property,  play with the markets, etc etc. The low end Ferrari and the NSX are unlikely to make you big money percentage wise.  If you try to use them like an F car, chances are you'll be facing some big bills.

i dont think you read my comment i mentioned they will be more of an investment.. to sell on a good day for profit.... i think I have a few grey hairs to know where to invest my cash...but thanks for the investment advise anyway...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links