Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mrs has seen an is250c. It's a 59 plate sel with acc. 41k. 3 owners. Service history but not all Lexus so a mixed bag.

What kind of price is fair ? It's on at 12500. But the cars 9 year old. Time wise it's not far off plug change, alternator belt I assume will want changing. I suspect fluids will need changing too.
I'd have said it's a 10k car personally.

Advice please from the people in the know.
The cart does look mint tho....

Thx

Paul

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Paul, is this one? https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201807098278697  Looks nice.

First, there are like 20-25 examples of IS250C on the market in all UK in my all internet. So there are no "people in the know", nobody daily trade is250c, everybody could look into web only, like you or me.

Second, it looks like 10k is rather for white, 100k miles and not-so-mint IS250C at the moment, 9-10yr age. For silver, mint and 40k the price tag 12k look reasonable for me.

Third, for elder cars I personally don't look too deeply into FSH, more into mileage and car itself. For me low mils and really mint conditon car better prove owner(s) care and love, than any book full of mint stamps, but with average condition car, with twice or three times mileage.

It is bad time to look for IS250C, around March time there was fully loaded 47k miles SE-L in perfect condition for £6950, and when I say fully loaded - every single possible option available on the model was fitted. Usually they seems to trade around high ~9k anything over 10k must be exceptional in some way.

Hi the car you are looking at is top of the range as is the link from Ben ,these tend to be a high price ,even higher if you go down the main Lexus route . At 40,000 miles I would not expect any major work as long as the brakes have been regularly checked ,the plugs and serpentine belt will go to 60,000 as Lexus service schedule so OK for now .The prices will go down when the sun stops shining but who knows by how much .I purchased mine 3 years ago this December coming same spec ,last of the SEL 2011 20,000 miles and perfect £15,500 from a Merc dealer who thought it was too good for auction taken in part X .It has now reached 40,000 and runs like a swiss watch I do all my own servicing and have replaced discs pads and tyres apart from yearly service .You may be able to negotiate £11500 which is probably more realistic or go for a car with more than 60,000 miles which should be sub £10,000 .Good luck, let us know how you get on

Dave

• Like 1

Thx for the information trueblue.
Well I've gone in with my offer of 10k plus my trade which is about £500.

Usual got to talk to my manager rubbish.

Well trying to find the right Lexus is proving a nightmare if I'm honest.

I'd like a f sport or convertible. Looked at 9 cars upto now. And none were as tidy as my 57 plate 121000 mile 407. !!!

Just had photos from a Honda dealer on a 61 f sport. I'd swear the last owner had sat behind a gritter for a few hrs. And obviously on a metallic black car, it looks horrific. Looks shot blasted.

I know car paints have got thinner and less durable but....

Do people not car about their cars generally any more !!!!

I don't expect brand new or perfect, but I'm not gonna spend upwards of 10k to put something on my drive that's less tidy than the old family bus. I'm not one for washing cars week in week out. It gets a quarterly wash.

Will see what the rep comes back with...

It's the paint on is250's particularly thin ?

Thx

Paul

5 minutes ago, Shaunomercy said:

Thx for the information trueblue.
Well I've gone in with my offer of 10k plus my trade which is about £500.

Usual got to talk to my manager rubbish.

Well trying to find the right Lexus is proving a nightmare if I'm honest.

I'd like a f sport or convertible. Looked at 9 cars upto now. And none were as tidy as my 57 plate 121000 mile 407. !!!

Just had photos from a Honda dealer on a 61 f sport. I'd swear the last owner had sat behind a gritter for a few hrs. And obviously on a metallic black car, it looks horrific. Looks shot blasted.

I know car paints have got thinner and less durable but....

Do people not car about their cars generally any more !!!!

I don't expect brand new or perfect, but I'm not gonna spend upwards of 10k to put something on my drive that's less tidy than the old family bus. I'm not one for washing cars week in week out. It gets a quarterly wash.

Will see what the rep comes back with...

It's the paint on is250's particularly thin ?

Thx

Paul

If its been on the motorway predominantly, it will have road rash as the paint is quite soft, not thin, but  soft. There is a difference.

Any low car that has been sat on the motorway in the 1st lane will have severe road rash - the ones in the outer lane don't tend to suffer as much - ask me how I know 😛 

I think Linas is about right.

I p/x'd my 59 plate IS250C for my current RX around 16 months ago.  It had 55k miles with full Lexus SH and around 8 months balance on an extended warranty.  I got £9.5k from an independent dealer in Wolverhampton.  I have to say that he was selling the RX on behalf of his friend who'd just been made redundant and needed the finance clearing.  I estimate I bought my RX about £3k less than a Lexus dealer would charge at the time.  The cost to change was what I worked on, not individual prices.

Hope this is useful.....here's a pic:

DSC01044.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lexi-PLURAL said:

But will IS250 wheels fit on an ISF? THAT'S the question!

Do you mean IS-F wheels on IS250 or Bola wheels on IS-F... I am not clear at all what you asking 😄

• Haha 1

Well I found the car that fitted the criteria. An honest car... Cared for, but used all the same. It's a 10 plate. 66,000 mile, full Lexus history motor.

It was 134 miles away. I downloaded the my Lexus app and tried it. Put reg in and it showed sec/acc/pcs.
Having not used the app before I thought maybe it has the acc after all though it could be a generic listing.
Fingers crossed.

Any way arrived. Looked round the car. Pretty mint. Odd tiny stone chip. Not been abused, not driven behind a gritter truck for hrs. Was quite happy.
Looked inside. Mark Levinson, dab radio works, and acc/pcs.

So effectively the dream spec.

Paul

fae911dda6750857f8f32d0138e16def.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats on your purchase,they are nice cars as either a plllarless coupe hardtop or convertible.We have enjoyed plenty of open top driving this year.

D7735AED-F2A1-490E-BECE-4E239A3F6D62.jpeg

9829E32E-311B-450D-A734-D2C9C1592DDE.jpeg

Well done ,glad you found what you are looking for ,These are great cars,we have recently returned from a 4 week holiday touring in France , brilliant car for this.Get out and enjoy the car with the roof off as often as you can while we still have this dream summer

Dave

This thread is about "IS250C prices"......How much ?  What colour is it ?  Looks pale grey, could be white in a certain light.  Pleased you've found what you were looking for.
It's argento ice silver steveledzep. To be honest I don't recall seeing any Lexus model in this colour on my travels

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links