Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Me again!!

Over the past few days i've been having some p[roblems opening the car with the key fob.  On one occasion it simply refused to open so I used the key, worrying that I might set off the alarm - it didn't, which rang alarm bells with me.  The doors opened fine for a few days then back to problems.  This morning the same thing happened and i pressed the lock button then the open button and that worrked.

Has anyone had similar problems and if so did a change of Battery sort it out or is Lexus one of those manufacturers that you have to go to a dealer to get the Battery replaced?

Any advice would be appreciated, as usual.....

On what car? I've seen a few keyfob Battery replacement videos and none used a screwdriver at all. You have to be careful tho because of the actual buttons and the circuit board. Seems more pieces in a lexus keyfob than any other I've had.

Eh up Steve. Video doesn't work on mobile but to get to the Battery in the fob of a 3rd gen RX450h you take out the key and slide off the cover and exposed is part of the board with a small plate covering the Battery which requires a very small cross head driver to remove 4 screws. Hopefully I've attached a photo

20180801_134832.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links