Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential Buyer

tpm

Hello folks, i posted this on PH but 0 response, so registered here, and keen to get some info. As way of background, current garage is a 330d and Giulia Quad, the latter i suppose in terms of power is somewhat similar 😉 (this would not be a Quad replacement, thats a keeper!)

Serious looking at getting one of these to scratch the coupe itch, and previously leaning towards an F Type R, but the recent article on PH about the F version has made me look at in depth at a car i was only vaguely aware of and i'm increasingly wanting one over an f type (unless i somehow managed to get a chance at Lister Thunder) once i get permission to scratch the coupe itch!

Would likely wait until the next Limited edition comes out to see what color tone it is (ive heard yellow from the dealer i visited at weekend) as the current is sold out (according to said dealer)despite it still being listed i have been advised, - not sure i would like yellow (although i do like the shade on the configurator) but love the blue of the current Limited one, and wondering if a lighter blue will come into the 'normal' color palate now?

I wont be able to justify the F version i don't think sadly 😞 so would be either limited or sport +pack 

Dealer says lead times are not to bad, discounts unlikely and finance rates at 5.9%!!! (luckily PCP is not a requirement for me, but I asked as in the past dealers have offered far better deals on finance than cash ime, clearly not on this model though!)

Keen to hear UK owners experiences, and what if any deals they got (also maybe performance wise to a super saloon - i will have a test drive at some point but only have experience of an f type coupe wise so far) and wondering if anyone has any idea on my points above as i know dealers are not always that accurate...well maybe thats just Alfa dealers 😂

Cheers

TPM

I haven't herd anything about another  limited addition LC only a convertible and the "F"

the yellow LC available now is not my cup of tea colour wise, but must admit looks amazing in bright sunlight

your unlikely to get any type of discount on the LC, other than buying a second hand / demo one.

as for performance, i haven't driven a f type but i would think it would be a lot faster, if your set on performance then i would sagest the LC is not the car for you, its quick enough for me but the LC was not built for neck breaking performance, more of a GT  cruiser

Thanks, re. performance, i'm not bothered that this wont be particularly hot, just wondered how people who had experience of things like my Quad, or M3, C63 or other 500hp torquey car etc, have found the LC comparatively. My Quad has more than enough for me! (although i guess the F will be pretty hot)

Re. next limited, my local dealer said the Blue one is sold out, and that a new Limited run will be released soon, and its meant to be yellow in color. 

I had a similar experience when I got mine. There are no discounts available as far as I know.

Cars such as the C63/M3 are much faster than the LC. If you are looking for that level of performance then it may not be the car for you.

I test drove a yellow one. I don't think that colour does much for the car at all.

I have attached a photo of the car I drove.

I believe that Reading Lexus have a yellow LC as their demonstrator if you want to see one in the flesh.

The lead time when I ordered mine was about 4 months.

lc500 yellow.jpg

I used to have a CL500 with the 5 litre turbocharged engine, an Aston DB9 with the N/A V12 and now have the LC500 so I have a bit of experience with the differing performance and feel of these cars.

The power delivery is different in the N/A cars compared to the turbos. In the LC you can creep about in traffic but get the revs up on the open road and it is fast enough for me. You also get the increasing power "sports car" feeling as the revs rise which you don't get in the turbos which just give a pretty linear push in the back. however, as has been said, the LC is a GT and not a street racer.

The LC achieves acceleration in a different way to the turbo cars. They use the superior torque while the LC just changes down some of its 10 gears, gets the revs up and powers away. It sounds better too! 

I might be proved wrong but I think the proposed LC-F with turbo engine might spoil the overall feel of the car like comparing a 911 turbo to a GT3. 

In the real world I am getting 25mpg from the LC which I think is pretty good.

2 hours ago, Jules640 said:

I had a similar experience when I got mine. There are no discounts available as far as I know.

Cars such as the C63/M3 are much faster than the LC. If you are looking for that level of performance then it may not be the car for you.

I test drove a yellow one. I don't think that colour does much for the car at all.

I have attached a photo of the car I drove.

I believe that Reading Lexus have a yellow LC as their demonstrator if you want to see one in the flesh.

The lead time when I ordered mine was about 4 months.

lc500 yellow.jpg

thanks, no not after that level of performance in a coupe as i will be keeping the Quad, or Alfetta QV if they ever make one 😒, so no requirement for it to be that fast, was just curious how those who know both would say it goes comparatively, thanks for confirming!

re. the yellow, im not sure i like it, i think it shows the lines well, and unlike some i dont mind the attention it would garner but not convinced on it, but think i would plump for white, if no light blue (or green!) option becomes available, sonic red is nice, but Quad is competizione red and although sonic is lighter, i think i would like something different. If the new limited edition is yellow, i would assume they will bring a new shade of yellow out for it for exclusivity reasons? Was the current blue in the limited available generally before the limited came out does anyone know?

Also probably an unknown at this point, but what year on year changes are likely in a 2019 model? (were there changes from 17 to 18 models? - not visually, i mean smaller things)

1 hour ago, malcolmw said:

I used to have a CL500 with the 5 litre turbocharged engine, an Aston DB9 with the N/A V12 and now have the LC500 so I have a bit of experience with the differing performance and feel of these cars.

The power delivery is different in the N/A cars compared to the turbos. In the LC you can creep about in traffic but get the revs up on the open road and it is fast enough for me. You also get the increasing power "sports car" feeling as the revs rise which you don't get in the turbos which just give a pretty linear push in the back. however, as has been said, the LC is a GT and not a street racer.

The LC achieves acceleration in a different way to the turbo cars. They use the superior torque while the LC just changes down some of its 10 gears, gets the revs up and powers away. It sounds better too! 

I might be proved wrong but I think the proposed LC-F with turbo engine might spoil the overall feel of the car like comparing a 911 turbo to a GT3. 

In the real world I am getting 25mpg from the LC which I think is pretty good.

cheers very helpful. ive only known turbos in my brief car owning life, so never had the joy of an n/a engine, i dont think the c63 i tested had the old n/a engine in it, im fairly certain their V8s in that are now turbocharged.

i can say the turbo in the quad is outstanding, no lag and keeps going at the top end and its not that torquey compared with the c63 although i guess more so than the LC. 25 sounds quite good!

the Blue was definitely a limited colour for the limited addition LC. there was no other blue closet to it although the Azure Blue available on the RC-F is a close match

as for the yellow limited addition i can't work out if its a new yellow or not, you my have to ask the dealership on that one, the interior has the yellow door insert and white/light grey seats.

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/lexuslc?source=feed_text

Please be aware that the structural blue limited edition does not come with a sports or sports+ pack. I bought mine only knowing the price, the colour and the interior. In all honesty I was a bit diasppointed to find that the premium price is just for the colour and the interior. So, it's quite a lot extra for looks only. Well, there is the rarity of course, which may help it to keep its value a bit better. 

It seems that this yellow limited edition will come with the sports+ pack. http://blog.lexus.co.uk/lexus-introduces-lc-limited-edition-coupe/

6 minutes ago, bvhout said:

Please be aware that the structural blue limited edition does not come with a sports or sports+ pack. I bought mine only knowing the price, the colour and the interior. In all honesty I was a bit diasppointed to find that the premium price is just for the colour and the interior. So, it's quite a lot extra for looks only. Well, there is the rarity of course, which may help it to keep its value a bit better. 

It seems that this yellow limited edition will come with the sports+ pack. http://blog.lexus.co.uk/lexus-introduces-lc-limited-edition-coupe/

oh thats annoying. but a fantastic color all the same. That article seems to be dated today? if thats correct bit spooky that i posted here yesterday about it! guess dealers knew it was imminent.

34 minutes ago, wendle said:

the Blue was definitely a limited colour for the limited addition LC. there was no other blue closet to it although the Azure Blue available on the RC-F is a close match

as for the yellow limited addition i can't work out if its a new yellow or not, you my have to ask the dealership on that one, the interior has the yellow door insert and white/light grey seats.

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/lexuslc?source=feed_text

thanks, the colours are all mostly very nice and make the car look great regardless, but bar the yellow, sonic red and white, there a bit subtle which is fine and they all look lovely but i think i would like a bit of standout in such a beast as this. To me it seems there's a bit of a gap in the palette for a lighter blue, not to say a green (but im just weird in wanting green cars!) Again spooky that the facebook post was today and i posted yesterday! cant work out if its a differnet shade to the 'standard' yellow, but quite like the yellow door lining accents.

Hmmm...

The Japanese seem to have taste quite at odds to mine. Why the garish door inserts on both special edition models? Why white seats on a yellow car?

In fact, the biggest question is why they don't let customers choose the exterior/interior they want on factory orders? I would have had vanilla leather with my red exterior. 

21 hours ago, malcolmw said:

Hmmm...

The Japanese seem to have taste quite at odds to mine. Why the garish door inserts on both special edition models? Why white seats on a yellow car?

In fact, the biggest question is why they don't let customers choose the exterior/interior they want on factory orders? I would have had vanilla leather with my red exterior. 

I like the door inserts, not so keen on the white seats though!

this is Naples yellow same as the option for the 'normal' version, wonder if Naples yellow will be removed as an option from the non limited models when this goes on sale.

Doesnt appeal much too me, so will ultimately be looking at non limited one. any pros and cons on the glass vs CF roof from existing owners?

i looked in the general 'brochure'  that the dealer gave me last weekend and the yellow is listed as' Naples' in there but just looked at online configurator and it is indeed flare yellow.

Thats a bit odd. The brochure doesn't mention the limited at all.

edit*

btw Nemesis, is the pic on your post yours, if so seems you have tracked it, how was  that and what sort of tyre and brake waer was there?

General question too,   what are the stock tyres, and what are folks running? Anyone running summer and winters?

20180803_153725.jpg

Edited by tpm
extra question

Naples was indeed the colour available for factory orders last October and I have the same brochure as you. Flare must be a new introduction.

I have the glass roof and it does give a little more light into the car but I have it with the blind across at the moment to reduce the summer solar gain. I have heard that the CF roof cannot be left in full sun for extended periods as it degrades but I am not sure if this is "fake news". The guys on here with the RC-F carbon editions might be able to advise.

I have the standard 20 inch wheels with Bridgestone Turanza runflats. As for winter tyres... do you really think I am going out in the snow in a 475bhp rear wheel drive car? ☺️ However, I have a set of winters for my other half's IS300h. These are Conti Winter Contact.

The new limited edition is Naples yellow with yellow on the doorcards. It had white seats with yellow stitching. Not really my cup of tea. Flare yellow is what it's called in other markets. 

I'd still go for the base version. Winter tyres are available for all trim levels but are roughly £1000+ for a set.

Quoted horsepower on the Lexus Europe and Lexus UK media websites for the new yellow V8 special edition: 464 DIN hp/ 457 bhp. So like the RCF, the LC500 V8 is suffering a marginal loss of power under the new European 6d emissions rules.

On 8/3/2018 at 4:51 PM, malcolmw said:

Naples was indeed the colour available for factory orders last October and I have the same brochure as you. Flare must be a new introduction.

I have the glass roof and it does give a little more light into the car but I have it with the blind across at the moment to reduce the summer solar gain. I have heard that the CF roof cannot be left in full sun for extended periods as it degrades but I am not sure if this is "fake news". The guys on here with the RC-F carbon editions might be able to advise.

I have the standard 20 inch wheels with Bridgestone Turanza runflats. As for winter tyres... do you really think I am going out in the snow in a 475bhp rear wheel drive car? ☺️ However, I have a set of winters for my other half's IS300h. These are Conti Winter Contact.

Lol, i have Michelin Alpins for the winter months, as the stock Pireliis Corsa, whilst an outstanding tyre once warmed up in dry conditions, can be a bit lethal in the wet when cold! Never come across Turanzas before, but seems they are a bit of an allrounder.

On 8/3/2018 at 7:41 PM, rayaans said:

The new limited edition is Naples yellow with yellow on the doorcards. It had white seats with yellow stitching. Not really my cup of tea. Flare yellow is what it's called in other markets. 

I'd still go for the base version. Winter tyres are available for all trim levels but are roughly £1000+ for a set.

SO in conclusion flare and naples are the same yellow?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links