Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

so my  neighbors has a gs300 sport thats been sitting there for 4 years and has offered it to me for crap value, it starts and moves doesnt look at bad under it ether, inside is really good, the only problem is the paint, the bonnet and bumper have whats best discribed as paint pealing, just wondering if its worth fixing it up and putting back on the road or just pulling apart and selling the parts?

Having only really owned and worked on fords i am a bit in the dark about lexus

so my  neighbors has a gs300 sport thats been sitting there for 4 years and has offered it to me for crap value, it starts and moves doesnt look at bad under it ether, inside is really good, the only problem is the paint, the bonnet and bumper have whats best discribed as paint pealing, just wondering if its worth fixing it up and putting back on the road or just pulling apart and selling the parts?

Having only really owned and worked on fords i am a bit in the dark about lexus

I’d say it was worth saving if everything else seems good. Not that many Gen 1’s around these days. You may find a used bonnet and bumper in the right colour at a breakers, or just get those parts resprayed.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk Pro

Moretea its got just over 100k on the clocks, will gets some pics up when i have time

Tigerfish, so its becoming a bit of a classic then?

An update, he has asked around and most scrapys have said about £50 so he has just gave it to me so yay

I was ford guy once, so my comment is: GS 1gen. is twice better quality mechanically and put-together than any ford same age. The 100k miles means it is proper break in. The peeling is not a big deal for start, only rust could by a problem. If she is in good mechanical shape, interior not very filthy or destroyed, and you are looking for nice base for some play or project in scope " '90 RWD barge", I deeply recommended GS.

BTW I strongly prefer GS 1gen look, than GS 2gen frogeyes etc. But my first daily GS 1gen was rusty on silver, on every corner and two doors, and I've given up for 2gen (and LPGs for hi mileage yearly). And of course GS430 2002 is very different beast than GS300 1996. But I still have a soft spot for GS 1gen. It was great car and probably, ekhm, most beautiful GS ever? 🤪

Ben1 i have had ford most of my life every time i try and move away from ford (bmw,pug) i just find them ether a right pain to work on or they just unreliable. 

Inside it looks good, just needs a bit of a hoover and polish and all is good, just need to look under it for rust, there is non on the panel work at all.

Looks like i might have a new project now, the only thing i dont like the sound of is the mpg, my 2l tdci mondeo gets 93mpg motorway and 64mpg around town, some thing tells me this will get no were near that

Yeah, I would expect something like 30mpg, my GS 1gen. was closer to 28 or 26 if I remember correctly (but I have a itchy right foot). On the other hand, GS has like 70 or 80HP more than 2.0 tdci mondeo? 80 horses have to drink.

BTW 93mpg in mondeo tdci? downhill and what set of sails do you recommend? 😄

Thats what i get have had some work done to the engine, the gs has 225bhp right? my mondy has 193bhp now so not much more power, but i do know 2jz engines can put out a lot more with out much work to them

if i keep the rpm at down i can get 93mpg on a long run stuck at 60mph if i go any faster the mpg nose dives, the mondeo is a work horse and not a sports car