Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Amazed that there is no Haynes manual for the RX , am I right?

Hi all am I correct in thinking there is no Haynes manual for the RX? I can’t find any entries for the 400 H or even the450s.

Surely Haynes would have a manual?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought one of these off eBay which seemed to keep me right when working on the wagon:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Highlander-Lexus-RX-300-330-1999-2014-New-Haynes-Manual-Workshop-Service/253788786205?hash=item3b16fd8e1d:g:jDcAAOSwhCBbYLoS

Seemed pretty decent to me but probably not a touch on the genuine workshop manuals.

• Like 1

I seem to remember reading something some few years back that since the explosion in Internet use that Haynes were cutting down in physical manual production and concentrating on Internet manuals.

• Like 1

i just had manual delivered from the eBay link 

very useful for overall knowledge of RX300 mine is the SE-L with air suspension 

which i am just converting to coil/dampers...

the haynes guide does not cover air suspension 

but it does all the rest 

There is a publication in The USA that gets very close to the official Lexus LS400 workshop manual but it is also very expensive and I think the Haynes publications could not get copyright permissions to produce a Manual for the LS400 back in 1990.

• Like 1

Thanks for your link Adrian it as helped to clear up a dispute I had with Lexus UK over the faulty ignition switch I had on my 98 LS400 ,the symptoms were total loss of power to the instrument panel and most of the dashboard including some running lights whilst in motion,thankfully the engine and brakes was not affected.

It now turns out after reading your link that the switch was the subject of a recall on the 97 Lexus  LS400 issued in January 98 ,when I originally approached Lexus UK they denied there were any issues or reported faults they were aware of,subsequently I replaced the switch myself at a cost of £90.

The fault turned out to be over application of lubricating grease which had migrated onto the contacts within the switch ,when it was cleaned up it works perfectly.

So the thing to remember with Lexus is they don't always tell you the whole truth, and persistence is required.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links