Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

** NOW SOLD ** RC-F QUICKSILVER exhaust for sale

On 8/9/2018 at 9:21 PM, Stuno1 said:

It looks like a really good product. Even the best ppf films yellow and peel in places. If this is affective as it looks at stopping stone chips and is a bit cheaper it has to be worth a punt. Just need to find somewhere near me that does it. 

Thank you for answering all the questions!

Pretty sure that the NGenco website lists accredited garages.

Yup they list one but it’s a loooong way from me. Lichfield do it but charge a lot. From the digging I have done the product is still on its infancy and is more expensive than ppf with unproven protective priorities and durability over time and many washes etc 

At the moment ppf wins out I think until this has been more thoroughly tested over a year or two on a car. I will get a quote from the folk who did yours for comparison though and who knows, if it’s a good price I may take a punt. 

14 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Yup they list one but it’s a loooong way from me. Lichfield do it but charge a lot. From the digging I have done the product is still on its infancy and is more expensive than ppf with unproven protective priorities and durability over time and many washes etc 

At the moment ppf wins out I think until this has been more thoroughly tested over a year or two on a car. I will get a quote from the folk who did yours for comparison though and who knows, if it’s a good price I may take a punt. 

With the NGenco  guarantee - no brainier. Being endorsed by my Lexus dealer is the icing on the cake.

Two issues with stick on ppf. Firstly picking the right product and secondly finding somebody to do a good job. You can tie yourself in knots.

Finally, I found PPF to be on par price wise with NGenco (which is a vastly superior product).

Anyway, running an RCF ‘bare back’ is not something I’d consider. I’ve seen several RCFs with peppered bonnets. Each to their own.

I certainly won’t have one with no protection. I would use a chap who did my Evora and he uses subtec and expel so that’s all sorted. It’s mkrw the lifting on corners after 18 months or so and the lack of being able to fit to wing mirrors and tight curves cleanly that I don’t like. 

Will be interesting to see what the quote comes out at when the time comes as I’d be after full front protection as well as roof and spoiler. 

Also, the closest applicator is the place near you which is 2 hours from me. 

15 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

I certainly won’t have one with no protection. I would use a chap who did my Evora and he uses subtec and expel so that’s all sorted. It’s mkrw the lifting on corners after 18 months or so and the lack of being able to fit to wing mirrors and tight curves cleanly that I don’t like. 

Will be interesting to see what the quote comes out at when the time comes as I’d be after full front protection as well as roof and spoiler. 

Also, the closest applicator is the place near you which is 2 hours from me. 

The other advantage of NGenco is that it does a pretty good job of filling existing chips and can be colour coded. Important for those cars with a vanilla bonnet.

Chances of finding an RCF with no chips will get less and less. What’s the average RCF mileage these days - 20.000? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

The other advantage of NGenco is that it does a pretty good job of filling existing chips and can be colour coded. Important for those cars with a vanilla bonnet.

Chances of finding an RCF with no chips will get less and less. What’s the average RCF mileage these days - 20.000? 

I am expecting some paint chips. I am expecting to buy one with around 15k miles. Taking the car to the place you had it done is another advantage in terms of being able to have any paint chips rectified pre protection being applied. The only questions for me are around its protective properties, price and for me it being a 4 hour round trip for drop off and collection. Ultimately they cant guarantee against chips because a boulder could hit my car! It will be interesting when more comparisons are done between the two in terms of resistance to stone chips. Also, PPF has self healing properties so when it does pick up scratches it does self heal under warm conditions and I don't believe the spray on stuff does.

I love the blue but that is more than I would be willing to pay. The red one is The red one with 17k on it is more my price range. Will have to see what prices are next April ish. My preference is white, blue, red, silver all with carbon. I do need to see the red though as not sure about it from pictures. As always it will more be dictated by what is available when the time comes given how few there are.

2 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

I neglected to ask the most obvious question! After 35k ish miles did you have any stone chips on the bonnet or roof that penetrated the protective spray? 

Ummm - is that question for me?

My car is just touching 9,000 miles

38 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Ummm - is that question for me?

My car is just touching 9,000 miles

Oh ok one popped up with something like 35k so wrongly assumed it was yours.

Same question applies I guess but clearly fewer miles.

12 minutes ago, Warrington guy said:

Stuno 1. Them 9000 miles are driving around his garage 😜

Haha, cleaned every day... taking the car in and the garage. Never seen a road!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Haha, cleaned every day... taking the car in and the garage. Never seen a road!

😂

It’s a constant job. The other day, I noticed dust on the tyres from the garage floor. Had to send the F away to be cleaned. Whilst the F was on holiday I resurfaced the garage floor to eliminate as much dust risk as possible.

She’s back now however 

2D1A4997-C138-4214-83CE-FC4DF04ED19A.jpeg

• Like 2

Man it looks great in white. 

Can you notice any stone chips in the bonnet or roof? 

You will probably move it on before next April/May but if you don’t, drop me a PM as that’s when I’ll be looking. This is assuming you are changing for the c63 or lac as per your other posts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Man it looks great in white. 

Can you notice any stone chips in the bonnet or roof? 

You will probably move it on before next April/May but if you don’t, drop me a PM as that’s when I’ll be looking. This is assuming you are changing for the c63 or lac as per your other posts.

Will do.

I’m not in a rush to sell. Not even had chance to try a C63 yet and with it being school holidays I doubt I’ll get near a Mercedes garage for a few weeks yet.

I spoke to a Lexus dealer the other day and I was pleasantly surprised how much they would pay to take the car off my hands 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Will do.

I’m not in a rush to sell. Not even had chance to try a C63 yet and with it being school holidays I doubt I’ll get near a Mercedes garage for a few weeks yet.

I spoke to a Lexus dealer the other day and I was pleasantly surprised how much they would pay to take the car off my hands 👍

And the question re the protection lasting and any stone chips visible on the bonnet/roof?

Oh ok, as in as part of a part exchange or just to buy it back? 

Depending what they offered when the time comes we may be able to sort something if all the stars allign.

20 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

And the question re the protection lasting and any stone chips visible on the bonnet/roof?

Oh ok, as in as part of a part exchange or just to buy it back? 

Depending what they offered when the time comes we may be able to sort something if all the stars allign.

A couple of tiny chips on the bonnet, but you’d live with the car before you even noticed them.

Lexus dealer was just a straight take the car off my hands deal - no part x.

• Like 1

Going to be tough to replace the impact the RCF Carbon has. Took my daughter clay shooting today. When we got home, the F was there looking at me.......

The Carbon work is simply mesmerising!

0A067DD8-2EC9-4E3B-BECD-0865E1F5C5F2.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

A couple of tiny chips on the bonnet, but you’d live with the car before you even noticed them.

Lexus dealer was just a straight take the car off my hands deal - no part x.

That’s good then chap. I doubt you will still have the car in April next year but if you do I’ll get in touch. Depending what the dealer offered it may be out of my budget but who knows. 

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
5 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Right - this is back on the market now that the car has gone.

Price £600.

If you want to hear what it sounds like - here you go. 

That is such a steal. If i had an RCF i'd jump on this immediately.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links