Any one help can’t hear the motor on the boot lock is there any way of locking the boot, have tried the key didn’t work 

help !!

1 hour ago, Stokesy said:

Any one help can’t hear the motor on the boot lock is there any way of locking the boot, have tried the key didn’t work 

help !!

When you say the boot does not lock do you mean it does not close automatically when almost shut too?

Does it shut if you slam the boot shut?

Or when you shut the boot the lid does not latch at all?

Does the boot open when your not carrying the key fob?

There is a switch in the clove box that turns off some boot lid operations.

John.

I doubt that it is the button in the glove box. I had an issue last week where the only way to open the boot was with the key but it was locking fine. I felt a right fool phoning Lexus for them to suggest that I press the button in the glove box. This issue seems different, as if the self closing thing isn't working

The self closing mechanism is in the shut panel rather than the boot lid. It is designed so that if it is not working the lid will still shut, and lock as with a normal non self closing mechanism. The auto "electrical" release is in the boot lid, and it is possible that this has failed in the released position, but we need more information on what is actually happening. Unfortunately we have heard nothing since last Sunday in the way of more information.

Apart from the button in the glove box there is also the release button in the drop down tray to the right of the steering wheel.

John.

Thanks for the help 

managed to sort it the other day. Took the boot lid liner off disconnected the mechanism then reconnected it again and there was a lovely whirring noise and then it all worked fine 

thanks

clive 

• Like 1