Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 hour ago, Stokesy said:

Any one help can’t hear the motor on the boot lock is there any way of locking the boot, have tried the key didn’t work 

help !!

When you say the boot does not lock do you mean it does not close automatically when almost shut too?

Does it shut if you slam the boot shut?

Or when you shut the boot the lid does not latch at all?

Does the boot open when your not carrying the key fob?

There is a switch in the clove box that turns off some boot lid operations.

John.

I doubt that it is the button in the glove box. I had an issue last week where the only way to open the boot was with the key but it was locking fine. I felt a right fool phoning Lexus for them to suggest that I press the button in the glove box. This issue seems different, as if the self closing thing isn't working

The self closing mechanism is in the shut panel rather than the boot lid. It is designed so that if it is not working the lid will still shut, and lock as with a normal non self closing mechanism. The auto "electrical" release is in the boot lid, and it is possible that this has failed in the released position, but we need more information on what is actually happening. Unfortunately we have heard nothing since last Sunday in the way of more information.

Apart from the button in the glove box there is also the release button in the drop down tray to the right of the steering wheel.

John.

Thanks for the help 

managed to sort it the other day. Took the boot lid liner off disconnected the mechanism then reconnected it again and there was a lovely whirring noise and then it all worked fine 

thanks

clive 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2018 at 2:10 PM, Britprius said:

When you say the boot does not lock do you mean it does not close automatically when almost shut too?

Does it shut if you slam the boot shut?

Or when you shut the boot the lid does not latch at all?

Does the boot open when your not carrying the key fob?

There is a switch in the clove box that turns off some boot lid operations.

John.

Please can you inform me where abouts in the glove box this switch is and what does it turn off exactly?

Kind regards

19 hours ago, acepower84 said:

Please can you inform me where abouts in the glove box this switch is and what does it turn off exactly?

Kind regards

If you open the glove box. On the right hand side you will see a push button. Pressing this stops the boot being opened from outside the car. I believe you can still open the boot from the drop down tray button on the drivers side of the car.

John

2 hours ago, Britprius said:

If you open the glove box. On the right hand side you will see a push button. Pressing this stops the boot being opened from outside the car. I believe you can still open the boot from the drop down tray button on the drivers side of the car.

John

I think you've got that the wrong way round John. Pressing the button so that it stands proud (or out) disables the button from the drop down tray and the button on the keyfob meaning the boot can only be opened from the outside manually using the key in the keyfob. It's on page 30 of the owners manual headed 'Luggage security system'. If the button is in the recessed (in) position the boot can be opened by all three methods.

3 hours ago, Chris111 said:

I think you've got that the wrong way round John. Pressing the button so that it stands proud (or out) disables the button from the drop down tray and the button on the keyfob meaning the boot can only be opened from the outside manually using the key in the keyfob. It's on page 30 of the owners manual headed 'Luggage security system'. If the button is in the recessed (in) position the boot can be opened by all three methods.

Thanks for the clarification. I did not have the book to hand when I wrote to answer the question on the position of the button, and was working from my poor memory on it's operation.

John.

8 hours ago, Britprius said:

John

Thank you for that John. I did find the button but unfortunately it hasn't solved my problem as i was still able to open the boot using the button inside the drivers side seating compartment and the button on the remote.

• 2 years later...

I've had this problem several times on a GS450H and it's now solved! It happened to me again when a mechanic left the ignition on and flattened the Battery. Let's just say I'm very disappointed in Lexus and my mechanic who couldn't fix this problem. This is obviously not well known, because when I bought the car I had to wait a week for the car yard to fix the boot before I could collect it. They even bought a new lock thinking that was the problem. To recap: every time the Battery goes flat or is disconnected, the boot auto close stops working. There's no way to lock the boot and the "boot lid open" warning keeps flashing. I've tried using the key, remote boot release, dash release etc and nothing fixes it. It happens whenever the power gets low enough to loose the auto window, moon roof and rear mirror settings. This time, having just reset the windows, I tried holding the boot /trunk release in the dash compartment for several seconds, instead of just giving a quick push. Success! I heard the boot latch release, even though the boot wasn't locked, and when I gently lowered the boot, the autoclose shut it. There's no mention of this in the handbook (shame on you Lexus) and Lexus themselves couldn't offer any advice. Maybe they just wanted to sell me a new lock?

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 1/21/2021 at 7:31 AM, stevefzr said:

I've had this problem several times on a GS450H and it's now solved! It happened to me again when a mechanic left the ignition on and flattened the battery. Let's just say I'm very disappointed in Lexus and my mechanic who couldn't fix this problem. This is obviously not well known, because when I bought the car I had to wait a week for the car yard to fix the boot before I could collect it. They even bought a new lock thinking that was the problem. To recap: every time the battery goes flat or is disconnected, the boot auto close stops working. There's no way to lock the boot and the "boot lid open" warning keeps flashing. I've tried using the key, remote boot release, dash release etc and nothing fixes it. It happens whenever the power gets low enough to loose the auto window, moon roof and rear mirror settings. This time, having just reset the windows, I tried holding the boot /trunk release in the dash compartment for several seconds, instead of just giving a quick push. Success! I heard the boot latch release, even though the boot wasn't locked, and when I gently lowered the boot, the autoclose shut it. There's no mention of this in the handbook (shame on you Lexus) and Lexus themselves couldn't offer any advice. Maybe they just wanted to sell me a new lock?

Thank you so much! my 2010 gs450h car Battery was run down by the mechanic and they could not close the trunk. Your method of holding down the trunk release button for several seconds fixed it and the garage was about to order the lock mechanism which would have cost me a lot! LOL. Thank you again. afterwards I remember I couldn’t operate any of the power windows from the driver's side. The trick is to leave the ignition on and go to each door and push the window down and up several times till auto push window up/down mode gets activated. After doing this on all three doors the driver side window buttons start working