Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls430 01,02,03,40 Differences?

Hi guys,

Only just discovered the uk part of this site. I posted this on the Us site and got some great answers but I am sure there are differences between the Us models and UK ones.

Bascially I am interested in knowing how the UK models have changed over the years starting from when it was introduced in 01. I am looking the buy a second hand ls, but am unsure which year to go for. I am looking at the 40k price range.

So, how have the models changed since 01?

Finally which year would you suggest? Would you suggest I wait another year before the 04 models come down to the 40k price range, or dive in now and go for an 01-03 model?

ps. Does anyone know when Lexus are planning to release a new LS? and whether this should affect my desision to buy an Ls now?

Many Thanks,

karl

Hi guys,

ps. Does anyone know when Lexus are planning to release a new LS? and whether this should affect my desision to buy an Ls now?

Many Thanks,

karl

lexus have just released the new LS in the uk

wouldnt have thought another was due for a few years yet

I would think the new model will come out late 2006 or 2007.

It was first launched in Nov 2000. It came as standard and with the optional 'Premium Pack' which adds air suspension, vibro rear seats, uprated stereo.

At some point the 'Premium Pack' option was removed and all it's extras were added as standard.

Don't think much else has changed until the end of 2003 with the new 2004 model which has quite a few changes.

I would test drive both to see if the newer one will be worth the wait. You can pick up a 03 for good money as they have dropped a bit since the 04 model came out.

02 models seem to start around £35k although most are £38k

http://www.lexus.co.uk/approved.php?area=search

hey

thanks again,

I am most probably go for a 2003 model for around 40k..

One question, do the dealers deal nationally in terms of the used cars. For instance if I found a used car in a London lexus dealer, would the leeds dealer be able to bring it over here for a test drive?

How would I go about finding out the exact differences between 2 models, ie a 2001/52 plate and a 2003 model? According to the cars listed on the lexus site, they are the same.. How can I be sure this is the case?

Thanks

karl

Some dealers belong to the same group and will move cars around between them however they tend to all be in the same part of the country.

If they get a car from another dealer they will probably want a deposit before they get it and unless it's described incorrectly you won't get it back. You will also probably find that the original dealer will give a better deal as well.

It would be best to phone Lexus GB about differences. The main thing to check when comparing is they both have the "premium pack" spec. The web site doesn't mention this anymore - it did in the past when this was an option but now it's standard they have removed it - which seems a bit odd as there are older models out there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links