Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Tyres for NX 300h Luxury

Hi 

Have to change the front tyres.  At the moment I have the Yokohama ones.  Seem that everybody has this ones and then they change them for a better ones.

I'm thinking about getting rim protection tyres.  Can someone recommend me anything? I have not idea what to get.  but I only want to get the front ones at the moment. The 2 rear ones are ok.  But The front ones need to be changed I think they are at the minimum now.

Should I go to my Lexus dealer or any garage selling tyres?  

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

There's a big recent thread on NX tyres. I warmly recommend the CrossClimateSUVs: lower road noise, better ride, terrific wet grip. My rears were only half-worn but I changed all 4 to maximise the benefit. 

Great Thanks

A garage told me that Cross Climate are good but not so good if you do low mileage.

I only do 3000 miles or a bit more per year then he recon it will be better to get something else.

Any advise on this? Any other make apart from the Michelin ones?

Many thanks!

Not sure why low mileage would do them any harm!? Never heard that before.

I too recommend the Cross Climates. Best tyres I have ever had.

For me, cheapest price was from my local Lexus dealer... Also if you order tyres from Lexus, they will fit them for free.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

If you can hang on until October my tyre dealer tells me that Michelin are doing an offer on crossclimates. Basically you prove purchase during the campaign online and they give you a preloaded visa debit card. 

I'm hoping ot take advantage of this and for 4 tyres it is worth £100.

Idid this with my gs at the beginning of the year and got £100 back on a set of primacy 4's

Oh and my guy reckons the michelins are the best for SUV now. He has a customer whose done 30,000 miles on a set and apparently 'drives like he stole it'.

He advised me to put the primacy 4's on my GS and they were the best tyres I've ever driven on. Car was so quiet after the oe dunlops and braking and handling were vastly improved.

The cross climates are good. They're not the bee's knees in terms of outright performance but probably the best in all round performance. 

30k miles should be achievable, I even did almost that on an RX on OEM Dunlop's. 

Would advise to change all 4 together though. Will be a massive issue if using 2 front tyres which are all season and 2 rear summers in terms of insurance if a crash happens...

I usually buy my tyres online and my Lexus dealer fits them for £12 Inc vat each

When I visited my local tyre place about new fronts he also said much better to get all four new at the same time so he put fronts on back and visa versa.

Ps since retiring I am also a low mileage user (bought for comfort and no gear changing as I have chronic back pains) says that should see me good for another 18 months

I can live with the noise as it is still the quietest car I have ever owned and compared to my motorhome silient

5 hours ago, Heanorboy said:

When I visited my local tyre place about new fronts he also said much better to get all four new at the same time so he put fronts on back and visa versa.

Ps since retiring I am also a low mileage user (bought for comfort and no gear changing as I have chronic back pains) says that should see me good for another 18 months

I can live with the noise as it is still the quietest car I have ever owned and compared to my motorhome silient

Well I mean rotating tyres isn't exactly good practice..... You're essentially going to end up running 4 bald tyres rather than 2 bald tyres and 2 good tyres 😂

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Well I mean rotating tyres isn't exactly good practice..... You're essentially going to end up running 4 bald tyres rather than 2 bald tyres and 2 good tyres 😂

Well its all about image you see, better that they all match it will make a perfect compliment to my current hair style

😃💇‍♂️

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links