Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sunroof Rattle

Has anyone experienced a rattling noise coming from the sunroof on the new RX? I have to drive with the sun blind shut as it is that annoying - even then it is still a pain.

My RX300SEL does it all the time - i have been to my dealer but they said it was a day and a half job and after problems with them in the past i don't trust them to do it - i think they would probably make it worse.

Jon

Not an uncommon problem on IS's. There are a number of different reasons for this and fixes in these forums. I'm not convinced that the dealers know how to fix this - I was quoted 2 days to pull the whole thing apart and 'sort it out' (an offer I have so far declined). Other owners have had similar with varying success. I guess when summer comes this subject will come up more often again.

First time I've heard of this on an RX. Might be worth a quick look at the US forums - there are a few more RX's over there.

One IS owner in the US reckons he fixed his by stuffing bits of card around the plastic trim but pressing / moving the trim on mine didn't make any difference.

Good luck!

Has anyone experienced a rattling noise coming from the sunroof on the new RX? I have to drive with the sun blind shut as it is that annoying - even then it is still a pain.

My RX300SEL does it all the time - i have been to my dealer but they said it was a day and a half job and after problems with them in the past i don't trust them to do it - i think they would probably make it worse.

Jon

Yes, my RX had this rattle, which after 4 attempts to fix seems to have finally gone. The dealer had to remove the headlining and secure certain parts which were apparently loose, and is a known problem. Apart from a few dirty marks which I removed quite easily, I am totally satisfied with the standard of work that my dealer has done in finally fixing this problem, albeit that it took 6 months for Lexus UK to idendify exactly what was causing the rattle when then sunshade was open.

• 7 months later...

• 8 years later...

I've got a used RX400h.

i have been to my dealer but they said it was a day and a half job and after problems with them in the past i don't trust them to do it - i think they would probably make it worse.

Amen to that, same experience here with the Reading, Berkshire Lexus dealership. We've also got a rattle from a used approved RX400h roof rack... but I'll live with it! The lesser pain is dealing with a slight annoyance vs. a big one.