Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-ISF-IS-F-2008-LEXUS-WARRANTY-UNTIL-30-12-18-12-MOS-MOT/142888858920?hash=item2144d6f528:g:vnkAAOSwxAxa0hya

Anyone know the history around this, not much info to go on

cheers

Andy

Edited by rd350ypvs
hyperlink

By now I doubt it matters that it was press car 80000 miles earlier.

I was following it for a while on autotrader. Started as £14500, then £13999 and now £12999, so either owners pressed to sell it or people decide against it after viewing. 

3 hours ago, Linas.P said:

By now I doubt it matters that it was press car 80000 miles earlier.

I was following it for a while on autotrader. Started as £14500, then £13999 and now £12999, so either owners pressed to sell it or people decide against it after viewing. 

It matters when you come to sell it.

47 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Airbag issues aside - buying that car after being thrown around (Castle Coombe?) like that wouldn't bother me at all........

No. If you buy one of these cars thinking it's been driven to the local co-op and back for the past 100,000 miles, you're dreaming. They've all been driven hard for periods of their lives. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

It matters when you come to sell it.

When it comes to selling 2 cars each with 20k miles and for £30k.... yes indeed. When it comes to selling 10 years old car with over 100k miles for £13k there are certainly more important worries on hand.. 

Somehow I don't see burning tires of track being as bad as hitting countless potholes and stupid speed bumps which can be any shape from soft rubber you won't feel to literally like kerb.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Linas.P said:

When it comes to selling 2 cars each with 20k miles and for £30k.... yes indeed. When it comes to selling 10 years old car with over 100k miles for £13k there are certainly more important worries on hand.. 

Somehow I don't see burning tires of track being as bad as hitting countless potholes and stupid speed bumps which can be any shape from soft rubber you won't feel to literally like kerb.

£13k is a lot of money to most people

£13k on a performance car of that age is a lot of money

Any sign of a chequered history will make most people move on to look at another car. Those not bothered will probably use the information as leverage on price.

Dont forget we had a poll not so long ago. A large number of people said they wouldn’t touch an x press car.

56 minutes ago, rd350ypvs said:

much appreciated guys for the info, even though this looks ok I've been burned by press cars before so dont think I will take a punt on this sadly

Totally agree.

Buyers market - take your time. IS-F is a great car! 👍

@Flytvr - I think we can agree to disagree on this one, in the lifespan of over 100k miles being press car or not being press car makes no difference. Sign of a chequered history is always red flag on any car, but ex-press car is not sign of that.

I tend to believe that most answers in the poll were made under assumption that question is - would you buy Lexus ex-press car i.e. the car which was press car until this moment and you are the first real owner. That would imply that car is relatively new ~1-2 years old and probably low miles say 10-15k... In which case I agree I would rather buy car with 30k miles cheaper, than pay extra and get lower miles car which was trashed more. Obviously, it was not explained anywhere in the poll, so take it as you wish - that was how I understood it. Not like - would you buy the car which was press car 20 years ago 😄 Yes I would if all history checks-out. Would I buy recent ex-press car as literally first real owner - exactly the same, if history of service and condition represents the price I woudl take it. Being press car in itself doesn't mean anything to me.

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

@Flytvr - I think we can agree to disagree on this one, in the lifespan of over 100k miles being press car or not being press car makes no difference. Sign of a chequered history is always red flag on any car, but ex-press car is not sign of that.

I tend to believe that most answers in the poll were made under assumption that question is - would you buy Lexus ex-press car i.e. the car which was press car until this moment and you are the first real owner. That would imply that car is relatively new ~1-2 years old and probably low miles say 10-15k... In which case I agree I would rather buy car with 30k miles cheaper, than pay extra and get lower miles car which was trashed more. Obviously, it was not explained anywhere in the poll, so take it as you wish - that was how I understood it. Not like - would you buy the car which was press car 20 years ago 😄 Yes I would if all history checks-out. Would I buy recent ex-press car as literally first real owner - exactly the same, if history of service and condition represents the price I woudl take it. Being press car in itself doesn't mean anything to me.

No need to disagree. I agree that buying an x-press car from a mechanical perspective in reality is not all that bad a thing. However, what I am saying is that such a vehicle is harder to shift. 

👍

• Like 1