Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust snapped off on my 450H....

Evening folks.

Finished work.  Went to the car park and saw the inside bit hanging from the ground from the bottom, when I was putting my bag in the boot. I was screwing. I took it off and drove home smoothly. Does anyone know how much this costs to fix? I wouldn't mind a stock or performance exhaust. Im not very car literate, so I dont know what parts to get.

Regards.

DSC_0655[1].JPG

DSC_0656[1].JPG

DSC_0658[1].JPG

DSC_0659[1].JPG

DSC_0660[1].JPG

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Sorry to hear of your exhaust problems unfortunately Lexus moved from stainless steel systems (which tend to last the lifetime of the car) to mild steel.

The section you will need consists of both rear boxes and the connection pipework to the mid section, Lexus price is around £600.00 but a better and cheaper option would perhaps be a custom made stainless steel replacement.

The link below lists several companies on eBay who offer this service or maybe try a google search for where you live.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=lexus+rx450h+exhaust&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xlexus+gs450h+exhaust.TRS0&_nkw=lexus+gs450h+exhaust&_sacat=0

• Like 1

As you live in the Midlands try MIJ on Pleck road Walsall. They specialize in stainless exhausts at very competitive prices with a lifetime guarantee.

If you fancy a DIY approach there is a thread of mine on hear of how to build your own exhaust. It's not as difficult as you may think

• Like 1

Hi @Tevron, sorry to see that your zoorst fell off 😞

It looks like it's failed completely at the rear Y section, which is where mine was leaking from last year.

The car still ran quiet with this fault so I understand how you didn't spot the issue earlier.

I went up to Tony Banks (Leeds) and he made me a completely new middle/rear section for considerably less than an OEM equivalent.

Good luck getting it resolved and let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

You need the £399 option ( 2 back boxes with Y section ). The supplier is Tony Banks in Leads a respected supplier here on LOC, but I am sure MIJ in Walsall would not only be closer to you but also about £100 cheaper. I was quoted by MIJ £295 for the same job.

I would have bought from them if it were not for internet problems at the time with MIJ, and there quote came through the day I finished building my own system.

John.

John,

Not only did you do it cheaper but you were probably saved a lot of grief if my searches are to be believed. My browser warns that MIL's website is faulty and I go there it my peril. I looked for other things about  MIJ and could find nothing good about them at all! Appalling customer reviews.

John

• Like 1

Thanks John for the above.

I must admit I have not researched work done by MIJ, and would not have put the name forwards if I had known of much bad press. I was working on the price given to me by them, and the fact that the OP is also in the West Midlands.

John.

They are 100 miles (each way) nearer than Tony Banks so very attractive for me too. Their prices were good but it would seems overall service left much to be desired. Such a pity.

Are there any outfits like Tony Banks down here in the south?

John

• 3 weeks later...

Well done. Do you find the exhaust as quiet as the OEM or do you get a bit of a drone under acceleration?
 Also the burning question if you do not mind telling us. What price did you pay, and how much was replaced?

John.

It feels slightly a it more smoother. That maybe because I have been driving with a snapped exhaust for a few weeks. Ill have a good blast with the car on sports mode on the weekend and let you know

The cost was: 

£479.00 

He had to replace 2 exhausts parts. The main and exhaust and the Y section.

• Like 2