Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front pads

rincewind

I need to change the front pads on my 2004 IS200. Rather than have to go to the dealer, I’d like to source them on line as I’m at work during the time the dealers are open.

My driving style is relaxed, very little putting my foot down these days so I’m looking for pads that have similar properties to be standard Lexus oem. Suggestions please good people.

Cheers

Paul

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

I’ve had a look at the on line shop and the descriptions are too vague - it doesn’t even specify what axle the pads are for, front or rear. They are £87 which also seems a bit steep.

Anyone know the oem makers for these?

There are a few that may be the right ones, having looked again it may be these but I seem to remember they need holes for the slide pins to go in to.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Lexus-IS-Car-Replacement-Pad-Kit-axle-set-FRONT-0446553040-/251530912269

The description is just a series of disclaimers, and if I use the ‘does this fit my car’ link it only shows IS from 2005 onwards, which is the second generation, not mine.

• 3 weeks later...

On 8/27/2018 at 12:10 PM, catnap said:

Currently using Pagid from ECP- lower dust than some I've used. I'm pretty gentle on the brakes and these do me just fine.

I bought Pagids from ECP with their weekend sale, £41 for both sets.  The 50% code my still be available.