Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone know this ISF?

@d3ron Deron give the dealer a ring and get the original reg number they must supply it by law, and drop a pm and I’ll have a look at my list for you.

I seem to remember  an Irish connection.

Big Rat

Thanks for that.

Gave them a call, it's been on a private plate since new and they don't have the original '08' plate reg.

The original private plate it was on for 8 years was VBZ200, which would tally with your Irish connection.

• Like 1

@d3ron Deron yes mate thought so looking at the MOT history of the car confirms its from the Emerald Isle, in that it has no MOT history on the mainland apart from the last one.

Ive no pictures or videos of the car bearing either of those places matey.

🐀

• Like 1

It might be just me, but I would inspect wheels carefully. It could be argued that black contrasts well with silver (GREY)... but from my perspective that is cheapest way to refurbish wheels period. My point - maybe some previous damage to the wheels...

Seems to have 4 new tyres, which is plus, but continuing on my drift seems suspicious (+ I would not fit Toyos on IS-F).

I did notice it failed the MOT in June on it's tyres, so I'm guessing that's why they were all replaced. 

If I do go and check it out, I'll definitely pay attention to those wheels. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@d3ron Good luck with the car, if that's what you decide I wouldn't be to concerned about the wheels I have a full set here with brand new tyres just in case.............:whistling1:

🐀

Don't panic - he's a GOLD MEMBER and can do these sort of things!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d3ron said:

I did notice it failed the MOT in June on it's tyres, so I'm guessing that's why they were all replaced. 

That always baffles and infuriates me - how people can fail MOT on tyres! I understand something hidden e.g. I failed MOT for little rip in anti-roll bar drop link rubber, it is not that anti-roll bar has failed, or the link has failed, but there the rubber grommet on the link had about 5mm long crack... when changing them out I realised the rubber was fragile and you can rip it with hands, potentially they even damaged the rubber when inspecting. Anyway the links needed replacing (still original for over 180k miles), but it was kind of unfortunate and stupid to fail MOT for 5mm hole - "rubber deteriorated and does not prevent dirt from getting", could have given advisory and saved themselves time re-testing the car (... and ruining otherwise impeccable mot history).

The point - that would be difficult to see and unfortunate, but valid MOT failure, failing MOT for tyres is just dumb - how can they not see and not bother to check them before MOT, especially on something like IS-F where good tyres are paramount for staying on the road!

• Like 1

Still driving on the tire with ply/cords exposed is inexcusable, Just makes me to question maintenance of the car further 😄

I though it was something like - "cut deep enough to reach the ply or cords on inside wall"

Meh - Mine had chords showing on the inside too when i changed tyres. It's very well cared for car I might add. But the inner scrubbing issue can easily wear down to chords without an owners knowledge, even if still showing half worn everywhere else. I had to check every week or two with wheels on full lock to see how they were getting on and changed as soon as i saw an issue. Bit unfortunate as @Big Rat happened to be looking on as I did!

I've since fitted USRS bushes and this has totally fixed the issue.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Toothy said:

Mine had chords showing on the inside too when i changed tyres.

Yes!... but that is the point you changed the tyres, not rocked into MOT centre and acted surprised when they said cords are visible. I completely understand that there are situations where tyres can be worn to the cords, but this is just simple thing to check before MOT.

I had chords showing to on my MOT, but it wasn't a failure, as its so low its very difficult to see the inside edge, as the outer looked half warn, you wouldn't think it necessary.

Is it just the earlier cars that have this issue? My 2011 ISF still shows even tyre wear and I do a decent mileage so it's not sitting in it's hanger....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JonP said:

Is it just the earlier cars that have this issue? My 2011 ISF still shows even tyre wear and I do a decent mileage so it's not sitting in it's hanger....

Jon in my experience they all do it regardless of the year the car was manufactured.

I resolved mine back then by increasing the tyres pressures to an acceptable level.

🐀

22 hours ago, Linas.P said:

It might be just me, but I would inspect wheels carefully. It could be argued that black contrasts well with silver (GREY)... but from my perspective that is cheapest way to refurbish wheels period. My point - maybe some previous damage to the wheels...

Seems to have 4 new tyres, which is plus, but continuing on my drift seems suspicious (+ I would not fit Toyos on IS-F).

Got to agree on the wheels. Interesting comment on the tyres, why not Toyos on an IS-F

57 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Got to agree on the wheels. Interesting comment on the tyres, why not Toyos on an IS-F

Shame they didn't try and replicate the factory finish of the wheels but there's no paint code, so they probably decided on a cost effective finish.... single colour (black). Bog standard silver, would also look wrong. Personally, it wouldn't be put off by Toyo's. Budget isn't acceptable, but midrange is fine, IMO. 

3 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Jon in my experience they all do it regardless of the year the car was manufactured.

I resolved mine back then by increasing the tyres pressures to an acceptable level.

🐀

Ratty now has no teeth and shakes all the time. 55 psi in an IS-F tyre - must be a record! 👍

In all fairness, the rock hard tyres didn't impact the handling of the car at all........ :drunk:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mark G said:

No particular reason, to be honest Toyo's are fine, just not the best. That coupled with cheapest of the kind refurb job somehow feels like owner was cutting on costs, or was tracking the car so that it made sense to get cheaper tyres more often, but maybe I am being over sensitive here. On any performance I would drop PSS for fast road, on more daily drivers I don't mind all kind of mid to high range UHPs.

3 hours ago, Mark G said:

+1 I've just ran a set of toyos on mine and they were great are you speaking from experience Lina's?

From experience with Toyo's on IS-F - no. For experience with tyres and Toyo's .... yes kind of - back in the day when I was fooling around with idea of armature drifting Toyo R888 were "a thing", but I personally don't consider them making good road tyres for price/performance perspective. Proxes CF2 in particular are ECO tyres and not performance and at £114 piece (front) are similarly priced to Nakangs and similar things - I would not put them on anything other then small family car (as below) . I would have less of an issue if they would be at least UHP type - but hey that is certainly not the worst tyres you can find fitted to performance cars on sale... My favourite brand to the day was Hit-Pis - sadly cannot share any images because google returns no results! 😄

image.thumb.png.65c103babd976243f14323305585cc50.png

1 hour ago, Northern isf said:

+1 I've just ran a set of toyos on mine and they were great are you speaking from experience Lina's?

Mine had Toyo T1 S tyres on it when I picked mine up.  I have never had an issue with them on any of my car's.

I now have Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres front and rear and randomly noticed today that the rears are "made in the USA" and the fronts are "made in France".  Sizes are obviously different but was surprised to see them from a different location.