Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone know this ISF?

2 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

But that apples vs. oranges T1s is not CF2... I would expect T1s to be loud thought... 

I should have left it....

Your initial comment was you wouldn't fit Toyos to an ISF. So not apples and oranges.  And they werent any louder than Conti Sport 6's I had after or the MPS4S tyres on there now

2 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

I should have left it....

Your initial comment was you wouldn't fit Toyos to an ISF. So not apples and oranges.  And they werent any louder than Conti Sport 6's I had after or the MPS4S tyres on there now

That was wild generalisation and you right - I should have been more specific what I mean, but indeed I would not fit Toyo tyres on any car, but that is just me... I am not saying they are bad tyres and I would not fit many brands which otherwise considered reputable... again just me. Adding Conti into the mix doesn't help either.. every tyre will be very different, so maybe Conti Sport 6 on this particular size and width are as loud as Toyo T1s - that might be true and yet irrelevant.

For example I always liked Dunlop Sportmaxx RT/RT2's on IS mk2 for how quiet, fuel efficient and long lasting they are, however when I got mk3 wheels, they had Dunlop Sportmaxx 050 fitted and I knew straight away I am going to hate them and indeed I do. No grip, wet or dry, hard, loud just awful awful tyres...

My point all brands have good and bad tyres - some have more good then bad, some have good, but not adequately priced or bad but priced great - for me it all boils down to value for money... it is just matter of finding those. The reason behind not considering Toyo tyres - I have not find Toyo (street) tyre which I would consider satisfactory in this regard. In fact I think the same about most mid range tyres, for £10 more one can get excellent premium tyre, so why save £10 and get mid-range brand which is hit and miss. 

13 hours ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

I now have Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres front and rear and randomly noticed today that the rears are "made in the USA" and the fronts are "made in France".

Slightly ot but I've just ordered a set of PS4s, how are you finding them?

I'm changing over from the original Bridgestones so they must be an old compound now, compared to PS4s

I made exactly the same change last year Nick. Original Bridgestones were cracking as they were so old. Much more grip from the PS4s, especially in the wet.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PhoeNicks said:

Slightly ot but I've just ordered a set of PS4s, how are you finding them?

I'm changing over from the original Bridgestones so they must be an old compound now, compared to PS4s

No issues at all so far bud.

I was running Conti Sport 6's all round for past couple of years but found they overheated regardless of tyre pressures when I took it on a track.

Switched to the MPS4S tyres and so far so good.  Won't be tracking it until next year (if I still have the car) so can't comment on how they perform under pressure.  They have just won the EVO magazine tyre of the year again though so must be ok 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2018 at 9:47 PM, Linas.P said:

That always baffles and infuriates me - how people can fail MOT on tyres! I understand something hidden e.g. I failed MOT for little rip in anti-roll bar drop link rubber, it is not that anti-roll bar has failed, or the link has failed, but there the rubber grommet on the link had about 5mm long crack... when changing them out I realised the rubber was fragile and you can rip it with hands, potentially they even damaged the rubber when inspecting. Anyway the links needed replacing (still original for over 180k miles), but it was kind of unfortunate and stupid to fail MOT for 5mm hole - "rubber deteriorated and does not prevent dirt from getting", could have given advisory and saved themselves time re-testing the car (... and ruining otherwise impeccable mot history).

The point - that would be difficult to see and unfortunate, but valid MOT failure, failing MOT for tyres is just dumb - how can they not see and not bother to check them before MOT, especially on something like IS-F where good tyres are paramount for staying on the road

Well...  I bought this car lol.  Don't fret though I'll only be running those TOYOs until I change the alloys.  The wheels are ok to be fair, good refurb tbh but I don't like the dark grey (not black btw) and grey/silver car contrast. Prefer lighter coloured wheels. Loving the car in all accounts 😄

• Like 4

Well done. You live in that neck of the woods? You bought it before I could get to it. 

I'm sure someone @Big Rat will be along to offer you some stock wheels with decent rubber. 

I'm having dirty thoughts about a merc e500 cabrio. Need to decide if I want waft or performance. 

• Like 1

I'm Cradley Heath born and bred but left those dark shores many moons ago.  Live in Wiltshire now.  Family all still there though.

Let go of those dirty thoughts!  To be fair I can't comment on the Mercs but I'm a veteran BMW owner.  I still have a love for German cars but I have to say switching to the Lexus is proving to be a dream by comparison.  I really had to fight with myself to let go of the E46 M3 I had but I have to say I haven't given it a second thought since picking up the ISF.  I had an E92 335ci before the M3 which was an amazing car but still not a patch on the Lexus imo.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DarISF said:

I'm Cradley Heath born and bred but left those dark shores many moons ago.  Live in Wiltshire now.  Family all still there though.

Let go of those dirty thoughts!  To be fair I can't comment on the Mercs but I'm a veteran BMW owner.  I still have a love for German cars but I have to say switching to the Lexus is proving to be a dream by comparison.  I really had to fight with myself to let go of the E46 M3 I had but I have to say I haven't given it a second thought since picking up the ISF.  I had an E92 335ci before the M3 which was an amazing car but still not a patch on the Lexus imo.

Loved our 335i - great car.

Congrats on the IS-F. Look amazing in Silver!

8 hours ago, DarISF said:

Congratulations on the purchase, I will keep my eyes open for you as we are in the same part of the world.

On 8/21/2018 at 12:16 AM, DarISF said:

Good to see another ISF owner down south, this is my second ISF now but after having my e46 m3 smg I’m glad I made the jump and went for a ISF, what would I get next who knows 🤔 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 12:16 AM, DarISF said:

Dirty Merc thoughts have been dismissed. Went to look at one and it wasn't for me. Have a deposit on an ESB ISF which I'll pick up next Saturday.

• Like 2

Picked it up today. 

Wow, I'm impressed. Just need to get used to it, played with the paddles and it nearly spat me out out changing up on a damp road. 

Left in auto after that. 

So happy being back in a rwd auto again. 

• Like 7

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links