Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clean Park Sonar!! IS300h Advance

Hi all,

I bought a used 2015 Lexus IS300H Advance two weeks ago and I have to say I absolutely love the car, I'm so happy I didn't listen to the negative (and probably bias) reviews about the CVT gearbox because it's just a joy to drive. The only issue I'm having is with the parking sensors! They worked when I left the garage but as soon as I turned them off an on again there it is 'Clean Park Sonar' error and it hasn't cleared since!

I've walked around to each park sensor and given them a good clean a couple of times but they still aren't working. I'm going to bring the car back to the garage but I'm just wondering if anyone has had this issue and what they did to get it sorted? Might be something small I'm overlooking!

Thanks!

Hi Paul, 

Yes I went over those two as well. Might just have to bring it in, just said I’d give it a shot in case someone else had encountered the same issue and it was a simple fix. 

Mine was playing up like this over the winter, with clean msg then fault msg then complete parking sensor failure.

Took it to the dealer and they diagnosed first a sensor with a stone chip in it which had damaged the sensor. They swapped it, but the fault didn’t go. Further investigation finally LED to a faulty control unit for the front. Replaced that and all ok. Mine was under warranty so no charge. Sensors are £80 each I was told!!

Thanks a lot DanD interesting to read there seems to be a fair few similar issues! I actually haven’t brought the car back to the dealers yet, just turned out that Ive needed it the last few weeks. Funnily enough the parking sensors work intermittently now and work perfectly like some are reporting, hoping it sorts itself out, could also be a software issue I guess. I’ll have to keep an eye on it!

• 2 years later...

The clean sonar message came up on my 2014 IS300h (luxury trim). Was working fine for a week after I bought the car privately. There was a minor cold snap where the car had frost but expect the system to be tough enough to handle that. There are 6 circles shown in the graphic on the dashboard, 3 in front and 3 behind. Does that mean there's a problem with each one or some sort of controller?

Thanks in advance for any help.