Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car tramlines and pulls to the left under braking

So they would give category is Cat-N "non-structural damage", the repair costs of £3847 does not include ongoing courtesy car hire of ~500/week. That is crazy how quickly that gets expensive - I trending towards agreeing valuation, my only argument is that they put it as "average" condition on Glass valuation tool, whereas car is "very good/excellent" condition. Yes it is high miles, but FLSH, still has Lexus service plan with 1 prepaid service remaining, complete brakes overhaul in March, new Battery less then a year ago, paint is perfect condition, no stone chips, no scratches etc. I know that all sounds sentimental, but call it "average" for year or mileage is inaccurate at best, I would not find the car in similar condition even for £5000 including ones with 100k miles less, they are generally worse condition then mine despite low miles.

However, disputing the valuation at this stage adds no value for me, if they increase the value of the car from £3360, they will increase the residual value from £505, meaning that compensation I will get won't change much if at all... I reckon £3750 would be more realistic, but that means nothing - it would still remain Cat-N, I would still get same compensation... ok maybe £50 or £100 more, but it will prolong the process by few weeks, so it is not worth risking.

Sorry, genuinely don't understand the question - too many possible interpretations 😄 

Am I looking for new "wheels", you mean car? No, not at the moment - I guess I would take the money and get 4 wheels alignment for £60.

Am I looking for new wheels - no, the current ones can be refurbished, they are not bent, nor cracked + I already have 2 more sets of 17inch wheels.

You looking for new wheels? - was that questions if I am "parting-out" the car and wheels are for sale? That could be possibility.

so i guess you will keep running your trusted 250 then..

nevertheless you must have been thinking about the theoretical possibillity that you could eventually unexpectedly have to part from your current set of wheels and what would then be your first choice, what would you go for what would you like to replace it with?

guess for you 6 cyl min and rwd as a must so another 250 or possibly BMW, Jag, Merc. come to think of it choice seems rather limited?

Very limited. I would have upgraded 2 years ago if I would have any choice...  I was thinking BMW 640 2012+, BMW i8, RC-F, RC300h, M4, 430d/i... I want coupe in general, but don't want performance car, but it has to be RWD and faster then 7s 0-60, it would be great if it could be hybrid, but the only 2 I can think of are i8/RC300h... Work can offer me BMW 530e/330e, MB C350e/E350e, Volvo S90 T8 - but no Coupe and the pricing are not great.

Hence I will continue complaining that Lexus has no RC350 or RC450h, or RC300h Plug-in which does 0-60 in 5.8s ... I guess 

After reviewing the details with TP insurance they have changed their mind now. Car is no longer Cat-N, the repair cost was reduced to £2025, so they will be repairing car starting from Monday.

I am kind of lost what is going on... I guess £2855 and keeping the N-Cat car was much better proposition, but cannot complain either way.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links