Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Poll - F-Up The Peaks & Dales - 29th & 30th September

New Poll - F-Up The Peaks & Dales - 29th & 30th September  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Can you make it and if so, when?

• I can't make it
    • I'm a definite day tripper on the 29th
    • I'm a potential day tripper on the 29th
    • I'm a definite day tripper on the 29th and might be able to do an overnight
    • I'm a definte for both days and will need accomodation on the 29th night

So, on the last poll we had @Northern isf as an overnighter (?), and then @bobmc @Warrington guy @GibletPH @Big Rat and @C.B as day trippers. @Big Rat I know you are a paotential part time day tripper, what about the rest of you guys? Are you still up for the trip? Please respond above if you are so I can see who we might be waiting for on the 29th September at Lexus Derby.

If you’re bringing a mate in another motor, Fcar or not (all are welcome), please post and let us know.

Thanks all!!

Dan.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Arqum said:

I was in for the day tripper. I did vote. 

Yep you’re in mate!! Just trying to gee up the other previous voters and commenters now we have a few more voting options.

im really looking forward to the recon mission this weekend. Reckon the route is sound but will confirm on here on Sunday after the test run on Saturday.

• Like 1

Looking good so far and still loads of time for news to travel amongst the ranks!

5 definite attendees so far are as follows, some as overnighters, some as day trippers;

@NothernDan @Cezar B @Arqum @C.B + his mate in the E63

We've got 3 potential day trippers either voted or active on PM/comments on this thread;

@Warrington guy @Big Rat @Bluethunder

And still awaiting new responses from a few previous voters;

@Northern isf @bobmc @GibletPH

I reckon if we can get to 10 or more for the day trip that would be awesome result. Have I missed anyone? Apologies if I have.

Actually quite enjoying this little mission!

:tomcat: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I'm waiting until nearer the time. I hate to commit and pull out - just need to be nearer the time to decide.

Well done for your efforts so far.

Not easy.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I was originally looking to join the second day for a drive through the dales. Derby is a little further than I would ideally like to travel but I'm not ruling it out completely just yet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Comedian said:

I'm waiting until nearer the time. I hate to commit and pull out - just need to be nearer the time to decide.

Well done for your efforts so far.

Not easy.

Hey Sean.

Gald to hear you’re in the maybe camp. Do you think you might be an overnighter or just a day tripper?

Been looking at hotels/inns etc for the overnighters and pretty much everywhere is limited availability so it would be good to know which option you think you may go for so I know how many rooms I’ll need to find as a minimum.

Cheers fella!

1 hour ago, bobmc said:

I was originally looking to join the second day for a drive through the dales. Derby is a little further than I would ideally like to travel but I'm not ruling it out completely just yet.

Hey Bob, we’ll more than likely be doing a route along snake pass on day 2. Where’s home for you?

Do you know any good routes from Hethersage or Glossop, I’m open to suggestions.

Hey Sean.
Gald to hear you’re in the maybe camp. Do you think you might be an overnighter or just a day tripper?
Been looking at hotels/inns etc for the overnighters and pretty much everywhere is limited availability so it would be good to know which option you think you may go for so I know how many rooms I’ll need to find as a minimum.
Cheers fella!
It would be day trip. Did snake pass on bike last year, road was in very poor condition. Has it been fixed?

25 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

I’m a double doer too 👍🏻

Absolutely awesome Paul!

vote vote vote vote vote! 😃

Stick your vote on the poll above chief so I remember how many rooms I’m looking for at “ye olde 420 horses and coachman inn”.

See ya then!

looks like there’s a bit of a northbound convoy being out together too if you’re heading up the M1. I think there’s more details in the Detailed route thread.

It’ll be standing room only soon at this rate 😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

It would be day trip. Did snake pass on bike last year, road was in very poor condition. Has it been fixed?

Ta Sean. Apparently they just done the snake pass end to end in brand new blacktop 🙄 

We’ll find out this Saturday on the recon mission. I’ll keep you posted.

• Like 3

On 8/10/2018 at 10:03 PM, NothernDan said:

Hey Bob, we’ll more than likely be doing a route along snake pass on day 2. Where’s home for you?

Do you know any good routes from Hethersage or Glossop, I’m open to suggestions.

Home is Teesside, on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors.

I'm not familiar with Glossop or the surrounding areas, so I can't offer any good suggestions. What do you think your plans for the Sunday are?