Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How long will you keep your car?

sholao

Just out of curiosity, especially to the MOD Buffs, I was wondering how long do you intend keeping your highly customised cars?

I know THE BOSS is already thinking of a Yellow Manual IS300 if Lexus GB would oblige.

I might have mine for another year.

I've a loan over 5 years to pay for mine but I might change it after 2 or 3 years while the residual value is better and to get my hands on an SE or Sport.

Just got mine (April 25) and there's NO way I'm letting it go yet!! Funny, but I changed it on the same day that I got my last car (Probe V6), 5 years previously! Liked the Probe - love the Lexus!! Feel that the handling's a bit wobbly, comparing the two, but I wouldn't want to spoil the rest of the ride changing the springs.

Need to save some pennies first

When I mentioned a s/c to the other half, I got the typical girlie (sorry sammy + claire) response - "Why do you want to make it any faster, you cant do 135mph on british roads anyway":mad::mad:

Had to explain that it is how fast you get there that counts:lol::rolleyes:

Really fancy getting mine skirted up. However, I have a feeling that it would cost a pretty penny! I have a mate who is a sprayer, and he does an excellent job - just think the actual skirts will cost too much to justify. Chris S got me a quote for sports grill, and that was £200.

Originally posted by Grangey

Really fancy getting mine skirted up. However, I have a feeling that it would cost a pretty penny! I have a mate who is a sprayer, and he does an excellent job - just think the actual skirts will cost too much to justify. Chris S got me a quote for sports grill, and that was £200.

Go for the TRD kit and sports grill..I did and it made a world of differance to the car ..well worth it.and regarding the cost ..as the man says "your a long time dead":smug:

Will keep the Lexus for 3 years in total - bought new this year, but not allowed to use a car older than 3 for business use, so will have to change in 3 years!

As for my other cars - can't imagine why I would ever sell them! :tumble:

Oh - the response to you fitting a S/C wasn't a girlie response, it was a typical response from the uninformed/uninterested/ cars are A-B jobs type person (my brother, my Mum, my granddad.....) :rolleyes:

I will never be getting rid of mine, its all payed for and I will add extra performance bits as they are developed. I only do abot 3-4000 miles a year and the car is allways immaculate. I will probably get a professional clearcoat done in 5 years if it needs it and I get the bonnet and skirt resprayed if chipped too much.

Basically I love the car its performance and looks. I will keep it looking and driving like new.:D:saint:

Originally posted by Grangey

as the man says "your a long time dead"

I used that one when I was buying it :lol:

Where's the TRD from, and what would I

be looking to pay, roughly?

I bought my TRD kit from a Toyota dealer in southern Ireland and having got a work mate with a vat number this and the difference from changing my money from sterling into euro ..front.side and rear skirts costing £470 got the grill from Lexus Belfast £219.fitted and sprayed (by a v good body repair I know) £300 (no vat) all costing £989...not bad for that..:bounce::bounce:

Like my IS Sport very much, but I was going to chop it in as soon as the IS300 came out. When I test drove the IS300 I was let down on the performance which is the main reason I was going to get rid of it. It's probably because it's auto & not as free revving as the sport. So decided on keeping mine & getting it done up a bit.

Super charger coming soon & done loads of other bits to it, so Im looking at keeping it for at least another 4yrs to justify the depreciation that will occour.

If the car remains reliable & economical I cant see any reason to change it. Ive always said that if your going to buy a car from new or nearly new that I would keep it for a while, otherwise you may aswell chuck a load of ££ in the bin!