Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to forum Is300h owner

Hello, would just like to introduce myself to the forum. Now proud owner of an 63 plate IS300h Luxury in Mesa Red. I'm am based in Ireland and have imported this myself from Lexus Cardiff. Delighted with the car so far having come from diesel, so smooth to drive and plenty of power when needed. Looking forward to interacting with you all!

20180810_085300.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, gnoxmindeater said:

Well wear! Love the colour.
I've just bought in a 15 is300h in black.
VRT tomorrow - it was the low VRT rates that swung it for me.
I'm loving the handling and pick up in it so far.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Thank you. Yes the colour is what lead me to this car in particular. I haven't yet done the vrt but according to the calculator it is €930. Had test drove some here in Ireland and the savings to be made by importing are significant. 

Hi and welcome to the forum Liam. Good choice of car. Coming from a diesel will be a Big change. I've had 2 premiums one was utter c**p yet the latest was fantastic. Chopped it in for the RX450h for the boot space and getting 3 comfortably in the back. Enjoy your car and know should you get any problems with it or any questions you'll get honest concise answers quickly. 

16 hours ago, IRLLexus300 said:

Hello, would just like to introduce myself to the forum. Now proud owner of an 63 plate IS300h Luxury in Mesa Red. I'm am based in Ireland and have imported this myself from Lexus Cardiff. Delighted with the car so far having come from diesel, so smooth to drive and plenty of power when needed. Looking forward to interacting with you all!

20180810_085300.jpg

4 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi and welcome to the forum Liam. Good choice of car. Coming from a diesel will be a Big change. I've had 2 premiums one was utter c**p yet the latest was fantastic. Chopped it in for the RX450h for the boot space and getting 3 comfortably in the back. Enjoy your car and know should you get any problems with it or any questions you'll get honest concise answers quickly. 

16 hours ago, IRLLexus300 said:

20180810_085300.jpg

Congrads on the new car i bought one myself 2 months ago. I am in ireland aswel . I came from driving diesels myself but had to get away from them due to dpf troubles from not doing big mileage so i went for a lexus.  They are a dream to drive . I have got some great information from lads on this site so any questions or worries ask and u will get plenty of feed back . Best of luck with the car and enjoy it  🙂

20180811_003956.png

58 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

Great to see so many Lexus in The Republic. Importing at the moment for you must also be good because of the weak sterling. 

Yes weak sterling and low VRT rates make the IS300h a very good import proposition. Can save €5-7k on the cost of an Irish equivalent

VRT (vehical registration tax) is a huge saving on hybrids in Ireland.
For example, my 2015 is300h cost me 15600 sterling , and I paid 1770 euro VRT. A 2.0l deisel audi a5 of the same value was comming to 5600 euro VRT!
And I have to say, I'd rather drive the is300 all day long

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

On 8/10/2018 at 7:54 AM, IRLLexus300 said:

20180810_085300.jpg

Welcome to the forum Liam.

I did the same - 2014 (142) Executive imported into Ireland last year. About €17.5 landed in country with all VRT, transport, currency, misc, etc bills paid.

I like your colour but went for the grey myself - my last 4 cars were metallic red and I reckoned it was time for a change!