I've got a 2004 RX300 in silver and the black paint has stripped off on the driver's door mirror mount (where an old style quarter-light would be) and I'm going to respray it myself - is there a specific paint code or type for this black paint or will a simple black gloss be suitable? Also does it have a clearcoat? i.e. Is it 'normal' body paint with clearcoat or is it something else? Thanks

11 hours ago, RobinGBrown said:

I've got a 2004 RX300 in silver and the black paint has stripped off on the driver's door mirror mount (where an old style quarter-light would be) and I'm going to respray it myself - is there a specific paint code or type for this black paint or will a simple black gloss be suitable? Also does it have a clearcoat? i.e. Is it 'normal' body paint with clearcoat or is it something else? Thanks

Id be inclined to try Astral black paint 202.

It should have a clear coat yes

10 hours ago, RobinGBrown said:

Our car went exactly the same but we traded it in anyway so I never found out the answer to the question  :laughing: