Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had the GS 450h a week now and went to the local dealer to get some mud flaps and a touch up stick.  Bought flaps previously for the LS460 I had and I have seen them on  IS300's.   I was a bit surprised therefore when the parts lad came back out after searching his computer  and said there are no Lexus flaps listed for my 2012 GS. 

Never really been a fan of after market flaps and was resigned to just not having any until I saw some on E Bay which were a bit different.  Most flaps even the ones the manufacturer list are usually hard plastic with little of no give but then again they are profiled to fit the bodywork.    I bought 2 pair of after market flaps solely because one of the photos showed one being folded in half.   This was because they were made from very flexible rubber.    At £9.99  a pair most people would say "No way"  would I have them on my car.   

I found that the very flexibility of the moulded flap allowed for them to follow the shape of the bodywork.   The photos show this more clearly but I know they won't be everyone's cup of tea at all.  They protect the paint though.       

SAM_0956.jpg

SAM_0955.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Steve,   if I had the computer skill I would do what you ask but don't know how to do a link to an E Bay page.   However  the company is  uniquepoint2014     Type into E Bay

4Pcs Universal rubber Car Mud Flaps Splash Guards Front & Rear 330X220 mm UK.    The set showing an inset picture of someone folding one in half are the ones I bought.    You get four for £9.99.  

You should note however that they are not car specific, they are purely a universal one size fits all  so no point contacting the seller asking for a set for a RX.      

The Lexus logo is a vinyl graphic which I bought on e bay too.   They are brake calliper badges.   The flaps  are really easy to fit.  Didn't use their self tapping screws though.  I used coarse 10mm bolts with a built in washer on the rears and utilised the existing 10mm coarse threaded bolts which secure the front of the vehicle's plastic sills  for the fronts.  These flaps are soft rubber so they can be pushed into body work shapes.    

10 hours ago, SH20 said:

Hi Steve,   if I had the computer skill I would do what you ask but don't know how to do a link to an E Bay page.   However  the company is  uniquepoint2014     Type into E Bay

4Pcs Universal rubber Car Mud Flaps Splash Guards Front & Rear 330X220 mm UK.    The set showing an inset picture of someone folding one in half are the ones I bought.    You get four for £9.99.  

You should note however that they are not car specific, they are purely a universal one size fits all  so no point contacting the seller asking for a set for a RX.      

The Lexus logo is a vinyl graphic which I bought on e bay too.   They are brake calliper badges.   The flaps  are really easy to fit.  Didn't use their self tapping screws though.  I used coarse 10mm bolts with a built in washer on the rears and utilised the existing 10mm coarse threaded bolts which secure the front of the vehicle's plastic sills  for the fronts.  These flaps are soft rubber so they can be pushed into body work shapes.    

Thank you for that.  Think I'll go for something more vehicle specific if I can find it.  Just trying to avoid the astronomic price asked by Lexus.  Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links