Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus dealer upgrade event invitation

floggit

So these have probably gone out around the country and my invite arrived yesterday. It states i have a personal upgrade package is now ready and will be tailored to my personal needs. It also is so sensitive it can only be discussed in the showroom by a senior salesman! 

So has anyonone attended these before? Are they amazing deals that cant be missed or is it just the way of dressing up the sales drive in the slow months?

Ive another year and half to go on my pcp and havent considered what my next model will be so there cant be a tailored package as this hasnt been discussed. 

Basically are these worth attending ?

my pcp has another 1,1/2 year to go although im over half way id have thought financially it would be to early?

Yes - been there, simply trying to sell previous reg models or trade-ins before getting new batch of cars. No special deals, same prices as you would be able to "negotiate" at any other time. On the plus side, you can get yourself free coffee, biscuits and sit around in any Lexus you like without being bothered and put on the spot in otherwise empty dealership. During these events they usually throw-in something like service packages, protections packages lower finance without much hassle e.g. on normal day they would negotiate these things with you and add them as added bonus as part of the finance deal, but during sell off event they add them more like standard which might potentially allow to negotiate better price on car. However, they plan is that people will get competitive on more attractive and interesting models and would almost bid or rush to pay whatever the price is asked before other people can grab them. So they make-up their margins on better equipped more popular models and then they can probably agree lower prices on leftovers nobody wanted in the first place i.e. if you after white f-sport NX you will be worse of, but maybe you looking for red Luxury GS you get real bargain.

I think all the dealers offer something similar, had one from Honda for my wife’s car. Used to be tempted to go, but I agree you are often able to negotiate better at other times. However Sept is one of the quarters, so dealers are keen, so it might be worth seeing how far you can push things, and you can always use the pressure on them if the deal is poor. This happened with Honda, I got unimpressed with their offer, got assertive, so they said what deal do you want, I tried something ridiculous and they said ‘ok’. Got a real bargain at the time, well happy, so you never know. Good luck, Roger

I just wont be going , hadnt planned on changing this year and im pretty busy next weekend . Wirth finding out about though. Therell prob be another in 6months lol